Motorcycle crash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle crash

gimp250cc

I'm a lurker here and about to do my M2 exit. However this accident did not involve me on my bike. I was a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk.

My life flashed before my eyes when this motorcycle hopped the curb and came flying at me today. While walking southbound with a friend near Yonge and Lawrence I hear this loud crash from behind. I quickly turned around and all I saw right in front of me was a big cloud of smoke, dust and debris. Flying out of this cloud was a tree, the rider and his motorcycle, which was sliding and spinning like a helicopter.

I don't know how but I managed to push my friend out of harms way and literally jumped over the spinning bike and came out with only minor lacerations.

The biker was in shock and initially refused medical help. We called 911 and he was taken away. I hope the biker fully recovers. Apparently he was cut off by a taxi making an illegal u-turn.

Hug your loved ones and stay safe!

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Your VERY lucky that you and your friend both escaped serious injury. two seasons ago there was a similar crash on Yonge in the downtown core. BUT, in that case the riders were riding well above the speed limit and a female pedestrian was killed when she was hit by the bike.

As you prepare for your M2 exit, this merely reinforces the concept that you need to ride as if every other vehicle on the road is attempting to kill you. Don't let it scare or discourage you, merely let it help you develop better riding skills.

I'm a lurker here and about to do my M2 exit. However this accident did not involve me on my bike. I was a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk.

My life flashed before my eyes when this motorcycle hopped the curb and came flying at me today. While walking southbound with a friend near Yonge and Lawrence I hear this loud crash from behind. I quickly turned around and all I saw right in front of me was a big cloud of smoke, dust and debris. Flying out of this cloud was a tree, the rider and his motorcycle, which was sliding and spinning like a helicopter.

I don't know how but I managed to push my friend out of harms way and literally jump over his spinning bike and come out with only minor lacerations.

The biker was in shock and initially refused medical help. We called 911 and he was taken away. I hope the biker fully recovers. Apparently he was cut off my a taxi making an illegal u-turn.

Hug your loved ones and stay safe!

My goodness. Glad to hear you were unharmed. Very scary photos and reminder of how dangerous things can be out there.

Your VERY lucky that you and your friend both escaped serious injury. two seasons ago there was a similar crash on Yonge in the downtown core. BUT, in that case the riders were riding well above the speed limit and a female pedestrian was killed when she was hit by the bike.

Off topic, but every time all the people who condone speeding based on the "I'll only hurt myself if crash, what's the problem?" argument conveniently forget these sorts of situations where the projectiles (both them, and their bike) at at the whim of physics after they lose control.

Cab drivers never look.
What's the life of cyclist or biker when there's a fare to be had.

Glad you are ok OP
GWS rider

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Another reason why having a camera system would be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Well, cellphones are basically glued to the hands of most pedestrians I see, so I guess they are already mounted.

Toronto cabbies are the most dangerous thing on the road for motorcyclists. Be extra careful if any are around. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Holy ****.

We have to mount cameras on the pedestrians now?

No more for a reason for a rider who was cut off from a "professional" driver who caused the entire situation. Maybe with the camera the rider can prove who was in the wrong and report it, hopefully preventing stuff like this from happening.

Back
Top Bottom