"Pull" label on plastic chunk by baby toe on boots | GTAMotorcycle.com

"Pull" label on plastic chunk by baby toe on boots

Alderson

I just bought these boots yesterday, first pair of motorcycle boots so I'm not sure if it's a common feature or not, but my search results came up empty.

they're AlpineStar brand and on the baby toe side of each boot there's a plastic chunk (I assume the plastic is for when you're leaning into a turn so you don't mess up the boot material), but on the plstic it says 'pull'. I've tried pulling on it and it does nothing.

hopefully someone has an explaination for me.
https://i.imgur.com/SjoE3Nv.jpg

Possibly a vent?

Makes much more sense now, thanks.
Those boots actually cover quite a bit more than what I was expecting. Well past my ankle, but definitely not the highest boots aroind.

What does wearing the toe slider and height of the boot have to do with each other? Many riders have bad form and drag the toe edge without leaning way over.

What does wearing the toe slider and height of the boot have to do with each other? Many riders have bad form and drag the toe edge without leaning way over.

If i was pushing hard enough to wear out boots, I would want boots with more protection. Others may have different ideas.

Good point about potential form issues allowing the boot to contact without actually being way over.

Are we going to start referring to untouched toe sliders as chicken nuggets now?

So many badges of honour in riding...

Back
Top Bottom