Anyone ever order from Motorcycle Superstore website? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ever order from Motorcycle Superstore website?

Alderson

Morning everyone,
I was looking at some gear last night and came across Motorcycle-Superstore.com
Everything seems to be extremely cheap/on sale.

I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them, and what's the service like if you have.

Morning everyone,
I was looking at some gear last night and came across Motorcycle-Superstore.com
Everything seems to be extremely cheap/on sale.

I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them, and what's the service like if you have.

Haven't, but saw your other thread.

Gear you may want to try on in person or make sure you review their return policies. We have a few great local GTA shops, i bought a few things from VOS Motors in Concord/Vaughan.

Online I highly recommend Fortnine, great ship times and everything in order.

For across the border bike specific parts check out TST industries. I got the fender eliminator, led light & plate holder, flush mount signals, integrated tail light and kickstand plate, spools and couldn't be happier. Did end up paying brokerage though.

Haven't, but saw your other thread.

Gear you may want to try on in person or make sure you review their return policies. We have a few great local GTA shops, i bought a few things from VOS Motors in Concord/Vaughan.

Online I highly recommend Fortnine, great ship times and everything in order.

For across the border bike specific parts check out TST industries. I got the fender eliminator, led light & plate holder, flush mount signals, integrated tail light and kickstand plate, spools and couldn't be happier. Did end up paying brokerage though.

I'm looking at TST right now, there's kind of a limit selection for a CBR500. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not, but they have a fender eliminator kit for $25.
https://tstindustries.com/TST-Standard-Fender-Eliminator-Honda-CBR500R-CB500F-2016-.html

Don't those usually run around $100-$150?

I'm looking at TST right now, there's kind of a limit selection for a CBR500. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not, but they have a fender eliminator kit for $25.
https://tstindustries.com/TST-Standard-Fender-Eliminator-Honda-CBR500R-CB500F-2016-.html

This doesn't include an integrated tail light or replacement side signals.

It's a piece of plastic to block off the hole left by the fender and the new plate mount.

You'll need this: https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Rear-Pod-Signal-Kit-Universal.html

And then this: https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Flasher-Relay-Honda-CBR500R-2013.html (because after market signals don't flash at the 'correct' speed with the stock relay)

Alternatively you can go with an integrated tail light and skip the side signals.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...ted-tail-light-honda-cb500f-cbr500r-2013-2015

It's a cleaner look for sure but you're giving up visibility.

Ah okay, thanks. I'll probably save that for later, I'm just going to get a new exhaust first and then I'll buy some other things later on.

Still am interested in reviews from people who have ordered from the superstore. It's extremely cheap and I kind of wish I knew about it before I bought my gear yesterday because it's cheaper and more options available.

They have some closeout boot I'd get, but the shipping almost doubles the price...then there's duty etc.

You can also get a PO box in the US just over the border. I know my parents have one and my dad always goes over there to pick up stuff he bought for his jeep. I'll probably order some things from them and just get it delivered to the PO box to save on the shipping cost.

Ah okay, thanks. I'll probably save that for later, I'm just going to get a new exhaust first and then I'll buy some other things later on.

Still am interested in reviews from people who have ordered from the superstore. It's extremely cheap and I kind of wish I knew about it before I bought my gear yesterday because it's cheaper and more options available.

Keep in mind, prices are in USD

As someone mentioned, FortNine, they have a great return policy, $7 return shipping label, no restocking fee.

A visit to GP Bikes or other large store is always good to get sizing information, many times they have big sales + save the tax events that are cheaper than online.

For tires, Pete's Superbike, hands own.

Keep in mind, prices are in USD

As someone mentioned, FortNine, they have a great return policy, $7 return shipping label, no restocking fee.

A visit to GP Bikes or other large store is always good to get sizing information, many times they have big sales + save the tax events that are cheaper than online.

I do mostly online shopping currently since my truck only gets about 9mph and gas prices just keep going up .. Once I get insurance on my bike, I'm sure I'll be making some distance trips to various stores rather than online shopping.

Don't be using GP Bikes or any other local shop as your own personal fitting room. If they have what you want at a reasonable price, then buy from them. If we don't support the locals, they will not survive. And you're right, rust0r, GP quite often has great deals.

Everytime I need tires, I give Pete's and FortNine a chance. And everytime, I get a better deal at GP. It's beneficial to develop a relationship with your local shop and the folks on the parts counter.

Alderson, remember that when purchasing from the US, once you receive it, you're pretty much stuck with it. The cost of returning merchandise cross border is prohibitive.

via Tapatalk

Don't be using GP Bikes or any other local shop as your own personal fitting room. If they have what you want at a reasonable price, then buy from them. If we don't support the locals, they will not survive. And you're right, rust0r, GP quite often has great deals.

Everytime I need tires, I give Pete's and FortNine a chance. And everytime, I get a better deal at GP. It's beneficial to develop a relationship with your local shop and the folks on the parts counter.

Alderson, remember that when purchasing from the US, once you receive it, you're pretty much stuck with it. The cost of returning merchandise cross border is prohibitive.

via Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of supporting the local guy. I buy all my Yamaha and Suzuki parts at Snow City, my KTM and most gear at GP. But neither hold a candle to Pete's and Fortnine on tires (both within $10-20 of each other on a recent search)

I agree, however some of us are quite a ways away from any decent gear store. Nothing but good things to say about GP Bikes. A trip to GP Bikes for me is several hours each way, last time I ended up with a helmet and jacket from them at their no-tax event. The sales lady Mary Anne was amazing, knew her stuff and really went above and beyond. A+ all around, just wish they were closer.

I've tried the smaller local shop route for tires at the start of the season and every place wanted $500 for what Pete shipped to my door for $300. We won't even get into what they charge for install on top of that.

One shop that I called, of the two "big" shops in my area:

Service Manager: "What bike is it? oh yeah, I think we've worked on those before, let me check with the guys"

Comes back 10 minutes later

Service Manager: "Well we will have to charge you extra because we haven't changed the tires on one of those in a few years and don't know how long it will take us".

I ride a late model GSXR... we aren't talking something exotic or rare.

If shops want local support and to fend off online shops, they need to get realistic with some of their pricing and step up their service game. I'm not paying for incompetence and blatant price gouging.

Edit: This wasn't a flame at you if it came across like that, just voicing my displeasure for SOME of the local shop mentality I've encountered.

I'm also in support of going to the shops, but there aren't any that are thay close to me. There's Burlington Cycle which is where I bought my gear at, then the next closest is about 30 minutes. I'll definitely pay a visit to GP Bikes when I need something or a big sale is going on, but that's over a hours ride just getting there.

Bought 2 helmets from motorcycle superstore, had to return 1 as well, no hassle. Cost 50 bucks to send it back. Didnt have to pay taxes either. Would have bought them locally but suomy doesnt have canadian distribution anymore.

Might also want to check ebay, can sometimes find better prices there and with the "Global delivery program" or whatever theyre calling it now, you pay the taxes up front so theres no surprise.

Oh yeah I forgot I bought boots from them like 6 years ago too. Theyve been around forever and are completely legit.

Last edited:
I'm also in support of going to the shops, but there aren't any that are thay close to me. There's Burlington Cycle which is where I bought my gear at, then the next closest is about 30 minutes. I'll definitely pay a visit to GP Bikes when I need something or a big sale is going on, but that's over a hours ride just getting there.

GP bikes (whitby) is great. i ride down there every so often just to check stuff out. royal distributing is right next to it but its a dump compared to GP.

Back
Top Bottom