bike insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

bike insurance

wolfmansworld

Hello all! my name is wil. im new to the bike world. just baught a 2006 honda cbr600rr.
why is it so damn hard to get insurance for this thing?
i was quoted over 300$ per month, and thats with taking the weekend safety course, and having a clean driving record for 30 years.
ive only had my m2 for a couple months ,,,does anyone have any suggestions on cheaper insurance? or do i simply have to go and purchase one of those retractable lisc plates?!! lol just kidding,,,, but seriously 300per month is just insanity.
thanks a concerned new rider....

get your M asap
that and if you go your first year no claims/tickets
will go down at renewal
you get no credit towards bike rating for having safely driven a car
will be a few years until it comes down to anything reasonable

300 a month for a new rider on a 600rr is a great rate. Most new riders are looking at $4000+ (and often ++) yearly if they want their first street bike to be a supersport.

As others have said, it will likely come down to 3 options
a)pay 300 a month and enjoy riding your bike
b)use your bike on a track (the money you save on insurance pays for track days)
c)sell your bike and buy one that insurance doesn't hate and get rates closer to $100 a month for the first year.

Here we go again.

OP: You've done the motorcycle equivalent of buying a racing Corvette as your first ever car, so it should be no surprise that it's not cheap to insure. Previous non-motorcycle insurance and license history means nothing for the world of motorcycles, only your driving record.

And yes, $300/month is quite a good rate in your situation.

If you want less, sell the bike and buy something other than a supersport for your first bike.

BTW Javafan, full M makes little difference in cost. Only years of safe riding do.

Cardinal rule with motorcycles: Call for insurance quote BEFORE buying anything.

IF you can find someone willing to insure you for $300 a month, and you're prepare to pay that, enact the policy before they change your mind.

As a new rider on an SS, that's about as good as it gets.

That being said, you can probably find a naked bike with a few less HP and get coverage all day long for $100-125/month

anotherone.JPG

Back
Top Bottom