speeding with child as passenger | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

speeding with child as passenger

I wish the police had given the guy who was speeding with a child on the back a child endangerment charge as well. I am going to make a huge assumption here that the kid wasn't geared up properly either. Only because people who do those sort of things usually aren't the most safety conscious.

i am a self admitted gear nazi but I find it very difficult to not tear a strip off a parent who has a child as a passenger kitted up with only a 39.99 helmet from Canadian tire as protective gear.

I wish people would raise their own children and not worry about others.

I wish I had children to watch you try and tear a strip off me. That wouldn't go so well.

Mind your own business. If it's DOT and the parent decides that is enough gear for THEIR child it's not your issue.

Safe? Perhaps. Smart? Probably not but certainly not your concern

I wish people would raise their own children and not worry about others.

I wish I had children to watch you try and tear a strip off me. That wouldn't go so well.

Mind your own business. If it's DOT and the parent decides that is enough gear for THEIR child it's not your issue.

Safe? Perhaps. Smart? Probably not but certainly not your concern

A single dad in B.C. raising four kids on his own is being told that they can't travel to school without a guardian. The oldest is 11 YO. I was a keylatch kid and came home from school at lunch to make a hot meal on a match-lit gas stove.

I know a Scottish lady who, back over the pond, was at 6 YO tasked with getting up to light the fire in the hearth.

On a ride through Amish Ohio I saw a team of draft horses pulling a hay wagon apparently without a driver. As I got closer I saw a wisp of a 10ish year old boy at the reins, just doing fine.

When I was 14 I ended up in Manitoba helping a family friend on his farm. He showed me how to drive a tractor and left me totally alone as I plowed one of his wheat fields while he went into town. (Driving tractors is fun BTW)

I find it absolutely amazing how a person can be a totally incompetent useless dangerous moron for seventeen years, three hundred and sixty four days of their life and one day later be a skilled talented meaningful member of society expected to make all the right decisions, all the time.

That said, risk analysis for those in your care is mandatory. To judge the actions of the Edmonton rider one would have to know all the facts. The picture of the Apprilla with three up would be a stretch, helmet, seatings and footrest issues.

Last edited:
Every ride that I was on the back with my dad (that I can remember) he would tug on my arm and then open it up. I'd squeeze as hard as I could and sometimes, if I was brave enough, I'd try and see the speedo. I would get so excited when that little tug on my arm came. Ahh, I miss the old days.
lol you got a tug as a warning and probably a helmet..... I didn't and probably the reason why i ride motorcycles is my memory of my dad terrorizing me down hill on his motorcycle.

Oh the late 70's in south america.

and to the OP... mind your own business

Back
Top Bottom