speeding with child as passenger | GTAMotorcycle.com

speeding with child as passenger

I wish the police had given the guy who was speeding with a child on the back a child endangerment charge as well. I am going to make a huge assumption here that the kid wasn't geared up properly either. Only because people who do those sort of things usually aren't the most safety conscious.

i am a self admitted gear nazi but I find it very difficult to not tear a strip off a parent who has a child as a passenger kitted up with only a 39.99 helmet from Canadian tire as protective gear.

Must be the murder capital of the world with those scary numbers.

Not familiar with the road or area to say if the speed limit is too low, if there is heavy residential/people around.

In any event, I nice fishing derby for the local law enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groat road looks like the DVP when viewed from Google Maps. If the rider couldn't avoid being ticketed three times in the span of ten minutes, dunce would be a better term to use than daredevil.

i am a self admitted gear nazi but I find it very difficult to not tear a strip off a parent who has a child as a passenger kitted up with only a 39.99 helmet from Canadian tire as protective gear.

I can only imagine what you'd do if you saw this. A friend took the pic when walking to work (this was in Toronto).family bike (1).jpg

yeah, you're right. A Stradale...they looks pretty close. Can't tell with all those humans piles ontop of the thing.

I wish the police had given the guy who was speeding with a child on the back a child endangerment charge as well. I am going to make a huge assumption here that the kid wasn't geared up properly either. Only because people who do those sort of things usually aren't the most safety conscious.

I'm guessing the kid would find it difficult to not tell you to **** off and mind your own business.

Every ride that I was on the back with my dad (that I can remember) he would tug on my arm and then open it up. I'd squeeze as hard as I could and sometimes, if I was brave enough, I'd try and see the speedo. I would get so excited when that little tug on my arm came. Ahh, I miss the old days.

I rode on the back of my dad's bike starting 1964 when I was 3. We had matching paper-thin leather jackets and cheap open face helmets. I can't even remember what else I wore but it was far from what would be considered safe these days.

a9937a9ed5ce2b395a8303bafa2b0ee4.jpg

just so there is no cultural bias....

771c81aa54587a57f958913388ddcea2--saddle-bags-funny-pics.jpg

Groat road looks like the DVP when viewed from Google Maps. If the rider couldn't avoid being ticketed three times in the span of ten minutes, dunce would be a better term to use than daredevil.

Exactly! Short stretch of divided highway with 2 lanes in each direction and no driveways or intersections. Should be posted at 80 kph in Ontario or 90 - 100 because its in Alberta (their limits are generally higher there).

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Gr...dfc95d5628496!8m2!3d53.5446155!4d-113.5418639

Such an obvious fishing hole! Shame, there doesn't look to be many other opportunities in Edmonton.

Last edited:
I rode on the back of my dad's bike starting 1964 when I was 3. We had matching paper-thin leather jackets and cheap open face helmets. I can't even remember what else I wore but it was far from what would be considered safe these days.

That's the difference...we know better now. The difference between more than 2 on a bike here and in other parts of the world? ....laws for one, what's expected for safety by other road users and road conditions/speeds....and maybe value of life.

Yeah it took me a while to figure it out. What eventually gave it away was the windshield. Eitherway same bike just different ergo's.

I'm guessing the kid would find it difficult to not tell you to **** off and mind your own business.
And I'd agree with the kid. These days you feed your kids fast food crap, have them drinking sugar water all day long, sit in front of screens playing/watching garbage, lathered in sanitizing cream and sunscreen all the while not spending quality time with them AND considering yourself a top notch parent. Thrilling = Fun, the dad was having fun with his kid. No one here rides because it's boring.

Back
Top Bottom