State farm lowered my ins then just raised it | GTAMotorcycle.com

State farm lowered my ins then just raised it

MattR

So I moved from Scarborough to Port Credit and my insurance for my 2015 BMW S1000RR went from $3500/year to $2500/year. I was happy about this until I just received a call from state farm letting me know my renewal is going from $2500-$3950 for the year. No tickets and anything has changed. She just said they don't want to insure supersport bikes.

Can anyone throw me a bone on someone else to call? I have been riding since 2010 with no accidents or tickets and a full M License. I'm also 37.

Last edited:
Most companies don’t like sport bikes if you’re a new rider. Too many people skipping learning how to ride properly on a beginner bike and going full squid on a super sport have ruined insurance for the rest of us. Did you have to redo your m2? Last I checked you could only have it for 5 years and you said you’ve been riding since 2010 or 7 years ago. If you had to redo it everyone is going to work off your most recent license date and you’ll be considered a new rider.

I did not have to redo it. I meant to say I had my full M License. I edited the post since.. I know the reasons why it goes up. I just need to find somewhere else to get coverage.

I did not have to redo it. I meant to say I had my full M License. I edited the post since.. I know the reasons why it goes up. I just need to find somewhere else to get coverage.

Having your M and lots of experience is going to help you big time. Call some brokers that do motorcycles like Ron Calderon at Dalton Timmis, riders plus, or M&W. Lots of people on the forum have been able to get help from those guys. Bring your home and auto as well and they’ll probably be able to get you a multiline discount.

mitchell and whale...they have a thread in the insurance forum
great service, expect they find you a better deal

Seems to me you'd be a candidate for Dalton Timmis. You have the record and experience that they'd have underwriters for I believe.

Go with All-State, Matthew Camacho is a site sponsor and works out of the Ajax branch. I had a stand alone policy for a 2012 S1000RR and was paying $1731, which includes a stand alone policy fee of $250. Added another service and now I'm down to $1481 a year for full coverage with 2 mil liability and 300/500 deductibles.

PS: I'm younger than you by a few years.

Last edited:
Go with All-State, Matthew Comacho is a site sponsor and works out of the Ajax branch. I had a stand alone policy for a 2012 S1000RR and was paying $1731, which includes a stand alone policy fee of $250. Added another service and now I'm down to $1481 a year for full coverage with 2 mil liability and 300/500 deductibles.

PS: I'm younger than you by a few years.

+1 Matthew gave me a great quote back in April, but wanted it bundles with house and cars which was the deal breaker. If you can do standalone, you'll be laughing.

Also check out TD MM (be sure it's Meloche Monnex when you call for any group discounts you may have).

What's the deal with standalone policies with Allstate? Is it only for riders with a lot of experience on paper?

I have my full M, but only 1 year motorcycle insurance history in Canada, Mathew and another Allstate agent wanted me to bundle car/house. No possibility of standalone.

What's the deal with standalone policies with Allstate? Is it only for riders with a lot of experience on paper?

I have my full M, but only 1 year motorcycle insurance history in Canada, Mathew and another Allstate agent wanted me to bundle car/house. No possibility of standalone.

If you are 30 or over, I think that's when they can do it.

If you are 30 or over, I think that's when they can do it.

Vinnie from All State posted Feb 2016:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but you are not required to bring home AND auto. When it comes to SS you need to bring another line with it. The reason I suggest bringing the home as well as if they brought the auto is that they benefit from the multi-line discounts.

Looks like it is a SS specific thing and that is why some run into it, and others don't. I think I remember Matthew telling me this at the time. They will offer a great SS rate, but want your other business.

+1 for Ronn calderon at Dalton

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom