Which brake pads do you use? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which brake pads do you use?

I've used Vesrah, Ferodo, and EBC. Only major difference I found was the initial bite of the vesrah(RJL) was a bit higher but I found I would lift the rear wheel a lot on initial braking. Switched to Ferodo (XRAC) for this year as they were half the price and overall stopping power seemed the same, but less initial bite which I preferred. Never been a fan of EBC over the years but I was in a pinch last weekend and had a set that came with the bike (HH Extreme). After bedding in I couldn't tell you the difference from the Ferodo.

I also use the Ferodo XRAC pads. I really like the feel of them on my ZX6R with the Brembo RCS19. I'm on my second set in 3 years and plan to use them again next time.

Always been a believer of oem for most of my bikes.I put a set of EBC HH pads in my wing in the spring and i am regretting it.The front is fine,but a bit noisy.(no biggie) The rear however is a pain.The HH compound is so high in metallic that the dust builds up on the abs sensor and gives an abs fault in the ecu which shuts down the abs.It's easily corrected by reaching waaaaay up under the rear with a long air gun to blow it out.I might buy a pair of oem's this winter and toss the ebc's.

I also use the Ferodo XRAC pads. I really like the feel of them on my ZX6R with the Brembo RCS19. I'm on my second set in 3 years and plan to use them again next time.
I went through a set in 4 race weekends :mad:

Always been a believer of oem for most of my bikes.I put a set of EBC HH pads in my wing in the spring and i am regretting it.The front is fine,but a bit noisy.(no biggie) The rear however is a pain.The HH compound is so high in metallic that the dust builds up on the abs sensor and gives an abs fault in the ecu which shuts down the abs.It's easily corrected by reaching waaaaay up under the rear with a long air gun to blow it out.I might buy a pair of oem's this winter and toss the ebc's.
Don't see too many goldwings on the track
:p

Ya I'd use 2 sets for a season on the xrac. When I had the CP1 with my iron rotors it was double but damn those were good brakes.

The ebc HH pads are ok, for a little while. They tend to glaze and loose their bite quickly.

Back
Top Bottom