Gas rage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas rage

JTR

Well, guess I better get some good cold weather riding gear. Reports are saying that the recent gas gouge wont be ebbing any time soon. They still lie to us and blame southern refinery shut downs due to the hurricanes. Playing to the fact that much of the population isn't bright enough to figure out that we have our own refineries here in Canada, here in Ontario in fact.

Here we are, paying an average of $1.29CAD per liter, equivalent to $3.92US per gallon. The excuse being the shut down of American refineries. All while Gas Buddy shows the current Sunoco price in Lewiston, NY just across the border is $2.69US per gallon. That's equivalent to 88c/L CAD. Or How about $2.05 at the Exxon in Vinton, Louisianna? or $1.89 in Houston, $2.04 in San Antonio. Want to call the media and gov out on their ********? Theres an app for that. Thanks Gas Buddy!

The real fact is, they can use any excuse they want, or none for that matter. People will still line up en masse regardless of the price. Most are too stupid or don't care. Unfortunately, Canada is the best country in the world to conduct unethical business practices. There is no provision within our competition laws which covers price gouging, and the monopoly and price fixing laws are not only never enforced, but they are even broken by the government in some provinces, especially this one. The hurricane shut down should not for any reason threaten Ontario's gasoline supply, which means using the hurricane as a scapegoat for an arbitrary 30% spike, is the very definition of gouging. That's why prices are practically frozen in America, because gouging isn't legal there, but our government declares open season on us.

Hop on a bike or use transit for a week. No cabs or Ubers unless they are 100% alternative fuel. All we have to do is make gas stations into ghost towns for a week, to put them on their knees. Sadly though we can't do it for a day. Well atleast I know my cage still won't be seeing much use even as we get into the colder months. Unless necessary to carry passengers or cargo, my truck is staying parked until it becomes unsafe to ride. On the bright side, it looks like the new Costco under construction at Fifty Rd is getting a gas bar.

it looks like the new Costco under construction at Fifty Rd is getting a gas bar.

So you want to idle in line for 30 minutes to save a few bucks? I've only tried costco gas a few times and each time it took 10x as long as a normal gas station.

25c per gallon is a far cry from 30c per liter, very far.

And I'm hoping that the fifty rd location will be much better than Ancaster. Hoping for less of the mindless suburban drones that don't even know what side their gas door is on(btw, that is the exact reason why they don't sell diesel, I've asked).

And I'm hoping that the fifty rd location will be much better than Ancaster. Hoping for less of the mindless suburban drones that don't even know what side their gas door is on(btw, that is the exact reason why they don't sell diesel, I've asked).

The gas pumps at costco are great because the hoses are long enough you can reach the opposite side of any vehicle, even my full size truck. When I used to go, I would go in whatever was the shortest line. And I wouldn't really be asking a gas station attendee making $11/hour about costco's decisions to not put another tank in the ground.

25 American cents, vs 30 CDN cents...

per gallon vs per liter, so it's not 25 US cents vs 30 CDN cents. Closer to 25 US cents vs 120 CDN cents.

25 American cents, vs 30 CDN cents...
...Gallon vs. Liter????

Means their average increase is closer to 10%, ours is 30% And like I said, Houston gasoline isn't trucked to the GTA, Here are some of the refineries in Ontario, basically, gas doesn't move that far, and disaster there shouldn't threaten our supply at all.

Last edited:
...Gallon vs. Liter????

Means their average increase is closer to 10%, ours is 30% And like I said, Houston gasoline isn't trucked to the GTA, Petrocan refines in Oakville. I believe Shell does it around Brantford somewhere, etc.

Yes you right, forgot about the gallon/litre.

Carry on with your rant :)

Why not drive cars instead of big, stupid, gas guzzling suv's and pickup trucks? Lower the demand.

My smaller car is for sale, I found it to be impractical for me. I move alot of things(boat, lumber, tools, camping stuff, costco trips etc). I also often have passengers which meant that I needed a crew cab and a compact truck was off my shopping list. Mustang is in storage and won't likely move until spring. That covers my V8s.

Why not drive cars instead of big, stupid, gas guzzling suv's and pickup trucks? Lower the demand.
We all drive a motorcycle.

And to make up for that I drive a 5.3L v8 truck 48km to work. Cleanest bed ever, but my dogs enjoying the full crew cab.

According to gasbuddy.com, the average national price right now went up...

11.4% in Canada and 10.6% in the US compared to last week.
12.1% in Canada and 13.5% in the US compared to last month.
20.0% in Canada and 20.7% in the US compared to last year.

Rage away.

Last edited:
I enjoy my Hybrid more when **** like his happens.

Informative rant, but what really can the average Joe do?

Even if we did get some movement going, and eventually got the Governments attention, nothing would be done. There is no accountability or action with our government. They would just setup some committee, then generate some report that would take years, by then everyone will have forgotten. The report would just confirm the status quo with no real answers, but at least they come off like they did "something".

I don't get the obsession that people have with gas prices. I drive 4k km's a month, in a car that gets about 7L/100km's average. At a $1 per litre that's $280/month. $1.30/litre would run me an extra $84 a month. I'm not rich, but I'm definitely not going to lose sleep over that.

So you want to idle in line for 30 minutes to save a few bucks? I've only tried costco gas a few times and each time it took 10x as long as a normal gas station.

Typically only gas up at Costco....the staff are great as they open earlier than the 6:30am start and it's on the way to work. Have never waited more than 5min but typically I drive up and gas right away.

Would never wait 10min to gas up....defeats the whole purpose.

Because safety! LoL

i can't understand people who buy these behemoth trucks and SUVs for no reason but wanting to be a larger presence on the road. We have the 2012 Rogue which is very comfortable and size wise the max I'd want to go.

I just bought a new SUV, the 80c/L gas card that came with it for 20000kms is going to be handy this fall. Hubby drives a full sized Sierra and it likes gas

Back
Top Bottom