DriveTest. They close at 5, I can be there at 4, enough time to book/write test? | GTAMotorcycle.com

DriveTest. They close at 5, I can be there at 4, enough time to book/write test?

Alderson

Hoping someone with a similar situation can chime in here.
I'm wanting to write my M1 tomorrow after work, which means I'll get to the DriveTest location around 4pm, but they close at 5.

Do you think they'll let me write, or will it be too late since there's usually a short waiting period before they bring you into the class room.

if you get to the oakville location at 4 they will let you write, go to brampton or these other busy locations you wont even get through the front door

I remember doing mine at oakville at around 3-4pm and it took about 15min in total

if you get to the oakville location at 4 they will let you write, go to brampton or these other busy locations you wont even get through the front door

I remember doing mine at oakville at around 3-4pm and it took about 15min in total

Alright thanks, I'd have to go to the Burlington one, which is always packed. I don't work Fridays and went there around 1pm last week and it was lined up out the door so I just turned around and left.

Alright thanks, I'd have to go to the Burlington one, which is always packed. I don't work Fridays and went there around 1pm last week and it was lined up out the door so I just turned around and left.
It is worth the effort to go to Oakville imho.
Even getting there at 430pm you *should* be okay. I too, many years ago, was in and out in 20 mins tops there.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Not sure how busy your local Drive Test is, but i walked in to write my M1 at 4:50pm and they simply said if i failed there wouldn't be time for a same day retest.

So I was in this same situation with my wife. We got to the burlington drive test on a wednesday at 345. At around 435 they called us to the front. The employee said they'll register us for the test but we won't be able to do it that day because they'll turn the servers off. He gave us each a receipt of registration, wrote "test not taken" on it and told us to come in when we can and walk straight to an empty counter and they'll let us in to do the test instead of waiting in line. We went the next day and did the test got our m1s in around 30 min. Takes a couple days to get it but if you're tight on time it's a good option.

Sent from my SM-G955W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Will be tight, really depends on how many people are in line ahead of you and if you get up to the wicket in time to actually get your request in and then get over to the testing area to actually do it.

The test itself is dead simple and should only take you 15-20 minutes tops if you did your studying properly ahead of time. Take note they may ask you questions relevant to any other class licence you also hold, so if you have a G, brush up on G specific things as well. When I wrote mine there was class A and Z stuff on it (which caught me off guard) as I also carry a class AZ licence.

Just remember that the M1 is only valid for 90 days, so if you're not planning on doing the M1 Exit during November (have to wait 60 days to test) you might as well wait until next spring.

Just remember that the M1 is only valid for 90 days, so if you're not planning on doing the M1 Exit during November (have to wait 60 days to test) you might as well wait until next spring.

I mentioned this to him a week or so back in another thread.

Since the MTO doesn't even do M1 exit road tests in November, his only option for getting an M2 this year without starting all over again as an M1 in the spring is taking an M1 exit safety course. Which is a good idea regardless. I believe he was looking into them.

Thanks, PP. Didn't see your post in the other thread; just didn't want him blind-sided.

Since the MTO doesn't even do M1 exit road tests in November, his only option for getting an M2 this year without starting all over again as an M1 in the spring is taking an M1 exit safety course. Which is a good idea regardless. I believe he was looking into them.

I went to the one in Peterborough first thing in the morning, or pretty close anyway. I am in Scarborough. No line ups. The time to get there still would have been less time waiting at any place in Scarborough to Oshawa. Maybe there is one out of the way by your end.

Went to the Oakville location yesterday after work sonce I was working a block away. Got there at 3:30, they close at 5. Was told that I can't book my M1 cause they're already booked up to the point of closing.. Guess I'll be going Friday, or tomorrow if I don't have work.

and yeah, I called a Oakville exit course training place yesterday and I'll be going to the course mext weekend since I can't go to the one this weekend.

Once I take the exit course, am I able to go for my M2 a lot sooner or something?

Once I take the exit course, am I able to go for my M2 a lot sooner or something?
Once you take the exit course, you will receive you m2 and it's done. You won't receive the actual m2 lisence until 60 days have passed since you got the m1.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Make absolutely postiively sure you have your M1 before you go to the course - they will NOT let you participate unless you have your M1 and ALL the required gear listed. If you don't have the required gear exactly as listed you will also be sent home.

And yes, as has already been mentioned in a few other replies in some of your other threads, once you complete the course successfully you effectively have earned your M2, but you technically won't be able to get it until after 60 days have passed from your M1 test date. Many insurance companies will rate you as an M2 at this point regardless as they understand the technicality.

Back
Top Bottom