Home security cameras, who's using them? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Home security cameras, who's using them?

I like motion triggering. Always on sounds great until you find something out of place or whatnot and you want to go back through the video to try to find the evidence - watching countless hours of video at that point gets tired fast, trust me.

With motion detection you're not recording stuff for nothing, and it makes sorting through the crap easier if you actually need the footage.

I like motion triggering. Always on sounds great until you find something out of place or whatnot and you want to go back through the video to try to find the evidence - watching countless hours of video at that point gets tired fast, trust me.

With motion detection you're not recording stuff for nothing, and it makes sorting through the crap easier if you actually need the footage.

My setup is always on, but highlights when motion is detected. Motion detection isn't foolproof, but it does work the vast majority of the time, When it doesn't at least I can flip back through the video, looking for changes.

I almost pulled the trigger on Netgear's Arlo system but I had second thoughts on dealing with the rechargeable batteries every 4 months. Still looking.

Back
Top Bottom