NO MC - took the car to the Mix & Match on Friday night | GTAMotorcycle.com

NO MC - took the car to the Mix & Match on Friday night

Shaman

Shannonville runs a car-centric "mix and match" night, where I can do laps around a road course on the front track and drag event on the rear track. Naturally I did both.

Got exactly the kind of results that I was looking for on the strip.

Here is a pic of the car at the bar (Iron Duke in Kingston, ON) and the time slip. Oh, and gaze upon MAGNIFICENCE of my reaction time.

and the glamour shot...

That is painter's tape on the wheel wells and hips. Saves on stone chips and comes off easily if you don't leave it on for long.

Nice time and trap speed.

Did you wait at the start line for someone behind to tap the horn? :)

Freaking fast car. Mine would take twice that. (I only drive cheap cars)

Because I can't understand the time sheet, (I never learned me my numbers) how much time would you have shaved if your reaction time was that of car #2? Again, assuming I'm reading this correctly-- about 3/10ths of a second?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

A perfect light is 0.500 iirc. However it wouldn't change the E.T. or trap speed at all. That doesn't start until you cross the timing (laser) beam. If I hadn't spun the 1/2 shift a little bit, it would have likely meant a 10.4 second E.T. but that's all conjecture, and I'm quite pleased with a 10.6x e.t.

What I'm not pleased about is finding two holes in my xpel bumper film when I gave it a proper wash today. Pretty sure they are the result of several grudge matches with my buddy Stan's GT500 (modded). I beat Stan by .1s and 2mph just about every run, but he is far more accomplished at drag racing than me... he got the light on me every time and so his car was about at my front bumper for every run - the holes in the Xpel film are on that side of the car. :/

Last edited:
Surprised no one has said this yet..When the last yellow drops GO !

Nice car btw

991.2 TT What a beaut! 103 in the 1/8 is moving! Tuned?

Launch control doesn't manage the 1/2 shift or 2/3 wheelspin? Only the launch wheelspin?

Absolutely stock and didn't even remove any of the tools or the spare oil bag. Launch control largely spools the turbos up with revs, and I think it probably pushes some of the traction control out of the way a bit so the car can dig in and spin a little if it's going to.

On this run, the car did spin a bit on the 1/2 shift and dropped at least a couple tenths of E.T. so there is more in the car, at least for E.T.

Absolutely stock and didn't even remove any of the tools or the spare oil bag. Launch control largely spools the turbos up with revs, and I think it probably pushes some of the traction control out of the way a bit so the car can dig in and spin a little if it's going to..

Oil bag?

I am assuming the computer is doing all the shifting or are your pulling paddles yourself? Other than the fun factor, in this scenario, I can't see a person beating the computer.

How are your tires holding up? All of these passes have got to be taking their toll.

I didn't shift manually, can't keep up with that motor. :) And yeah, Porsche includes a litre of oil in a leather bag in the frunk. I didn't need any in 8300km for my last service. Intervals are supposed to be 15k but I just can't do it, especially the way I drive the thing.

Tires were pretty new, they last surprisingly long (P Zero N2) but the lapping on the front of the track definitely took some milage off them. Don't care, I didn't buy the car just to look at it, and I bought it in white so that it wouldn't stand out as much.

Back
Top Bottom