I Increased My Riding Season From 2 Months To 7 Months | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I Increased My Riding Season From 2 Months To 7 Months

some days and trips no gear is gonna keep you dry

I've got some tourmaster waterproof stuff, pants, jacket and gloves
and a TomTom GPS that is supposed to be completely sealed

recently did 500 km in torrential rain on the east coast
was completely saturated through to the inner layer
GPS fogged up to be unreadable

this with gear that prior had never failed to keep me dry

Rode probably 500KM in some heavy rain on my northern trip a month or so back. Probably 750KM in the rain total this season, actually.

On that last trip in particular through the torrential stuff my feet got soaked as my boots were nowhere near as waterproof as I had anticipated - I since bought a set of the pullover waterproof booties to solve that issue.

The rest of me however was bone dry.

Costco ForceField gear for the win. :)

4in1_02_1024x1024.jpg

As soon as I pack my flip flops, I store the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some days and trips no gear is gonna keep you dry

I've got some tourmaster waterproof stuff, pants, jacket and gloves
and a TomTom GPS that is supposed to be completely sealed

recently did 500 km in torrential rain on the east coast
was completely saturated through to the inner layer
GPS fogged up to be unreadable

this with gear that prior had never failed to keep me dry

You can remain dry with good quality gear. I have a Klim Badlands Pro jacket, goretex and have ridden through torrential downpours and non stop rain for about 2 weeks when I went out to Nova Scotia a few years back. I remained dry, jacket was heavy but I was dry. I had on first gear gloves that use a similar tech to goretex, again gloves wet, hands bone dry. Goretex boots from Sidi, dry feet. I have first gear rain pants, nothing fancy just that heavy material and never let me down and none of this has let me down years later.

I am a huge believer in goretex, it just works and if your touring it is worth the money. I would not buy it goretex if I was just riding around town, but as I like to travel it is an essential piece that I know I can depend on and worth the price as you never know what you will get on a trip.

As for your GPS, something is wrong there unless TomTom just has a crappy product. Never had issues with screens on any waterproof GPS I have owned or have (Garmin Zumo 550, 650 and BMW Nav V). They just work and can easily be seen in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom