International hand signal | GTAMotorcycle.com

International hand signal

sicksix

So I decided to take a ride out to the forks of the credit. My first time as I'm a beginner rider, also went solo. As I'm making a left turn onto the forks road from Hwy 10, I see a fellow rider approaching hey 10, seemed a nice old man grey beard, riding a touring BMW. He gave me a thumbs up, I nodded and waved, and was on my way to finally ride the forks, that everyone talks about. I found out about this road through this forum, which I thank you all. In the back of my mind while approaching the forks Rd I recall seeing a comment in one thread talking about police presence on weekends waiting to get any speed demons. Literally 500m sitting a top of a hill behind some bushes is a cop using a radar gun. I hadn't noticed any speed recommendation signs on my way in and luckily I was behind a mini van, glanced at my speedometer and I was doing 72km, I immediately engine braked down to about 65, and got slower as I approached and passed the cop with a knot in my stomach hoping pls pls pls don't let me get a ticket, my insurance is high enough! Luckily he was nice and decided not to pursue as I assume the section was a 50km max seeing a sign later in the road.
Now my question and comment begin. As I continued travel along the forks, a bunch of riders passed me in the oncoming lane, I waved and kinda fist thumbed "behind me" to indicate there was a cop waiting with radar. Hopefully they understood what I meant. My question is, aside from flicking lights, is there a hand signal you all use to indicate a speed trap to other riders? And my comment is to the old man on the BMW.... thanks for the heads up!!! *rolls eyes, help a brother out man! No indication at all I was about to hit a speed trap.....thanks a lot dude!

Palm flat, and tap the top of your helmet.
Indicating like there are flashing lights up there.

International sign for Police ahead.

And my comment is to the old man on the BMW.... thanks for the heads up!!! *rolls eyes, help a brother out man! No indication at all I was about to hit a speed trap.....thanks a lot dude!

Some folks, even fellow riders, don't want to "help" or protect speeders that wreck it for the rest of us.

Yep, long weekend and nice weather, they were up there today

MRW someone talks about the forks of the credit...
giphy.gif

Same signal as your high beams are on.

I have been given a circling hand. Indicating cherries. I take it for granted that on 10 and the FOC Po Po.

I have been given a circling hand. Indicating cherries. I take it for granted that on 10 and the FOC Po Po.

I guess that works... but tapping on the top of the helmet is so much easier. I use it and have received it many times even though my bike can barely hit the speed limit

Taping the top of your helmet, flashing lights or your hand flat, palm down moving up and down ....doing the slow down gesture.

And my comment is to the old man on the BMW.... thanks for the heads up!!! *rolls eyes, help a brother out man! No indication at all I was about to hit a speed trap.....thanks a lot dude!

Perhaps he didn't see it. Maybe he had his hands full at that particular moment. Who knows? And if he had seen it, and gave you the signal, you wouldn't have known what he meant anyway. Dude.

via Tapatalk

Same signal as your high beams are on.
I've decided that twisting my left nipple is a better sign for "highbeams are on". I'm gonna start using that.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I've decided that twisting my left nipple is a better sign for "highbeams are on". I'm gonna start using that.

That`s ok Joe. Just tap your helmet please. No nipple twisting required for me.

That`s ok Joe. Just tap your helmet please. No nipple twisting required for me.
f649421ea9b18a2cefa02ece19b2f440.gif

Some folks, even fellow riders, don't want to "help" or protect speeders that wreck it for the rest of us.
Speeding is the most commonly broken law in North America. Either the entire population are reckless law breakers, or the limits are superficially low. Pick one.

....or just chill the f*#k out and cruise the speed limit....enjoy the views, slow down and smell the roses.

When we arrived on monday they had a ride check set up at the entrance on mississauga rd. Think they caught a few ppl there. The forks is no place to go to make fast passes.

Back
Top Bottom