The ugly truth about sport bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The ugly truth about sport bikes

I always wanted a super sport (thing of beauty), waited till the idiot grew up, trying not to kill myself got an SV650. Was never comfortable, too cramped. Goodbye SS dream. Now on a DR-Z400, love it. Time to update my avatar. =]

damn, should have atleast sat on one, or perhaps test ridden before buying?

All these so called experts on YouTube. What a load of crap.

exactly!

the amount of misinformation that is spread by those YouTube stars is mind boggling, and people who don't know any better eat that ***** up and continue spreading it to others

Ugly truths about Sport bikes? Yea, some of them are made by Kawasaki.

You won't pay attention to these videos/sentiments once you understand where it's coming from.

As dudes get older, or crash, or for whatever reason - they realize that for them personally it's not worth the discomfort, impracticality, or other reason to own/ride sport bikes regularly on the street anymore.

The real "TLDW" of this video is "hey guys now that I've decided I will give up riding these beautiful machines, the rest of you should too - that way my heart aches less when I see you going by".

YouTuber it's ok if age has turned you into milquetoast just don't expect us to join you - that isn't insight it's sour grapes.

Ugly truths about Sport bikes? Yea, some of them are made by Kawasaki.

Who cares about looks?

90% of the time your riding it instead of looking/posing next to it

I love my SS bike. Handles like a dream, passes cars NOW and is very lite weight. Wouldn't have anything else.

I watched a bit of this back when it was posted, as a 'suggested video' on my youtube, couldn't stand it and shut it off. He also has a video where he says 600cc sportbikes are useless; he seems like he'd be fun at parties lol

Here's the opposite, guy has a ZX10R, rides his buddies heavily modded H2, 3 days later "I'M SELLING MY BIKE, I NEED THE H2" lol. Much more enjoyable and entertaining watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbf2BWAXpQ

Edit: Other dudes bike in the video is an R1M and gets left like he's riding a 300. No fear I guess lol.

Last edited:
I watched a bit of this back when it was posted, as a 'suggested video' on my youtube, couldn't stand it and shut it off. He also has a video where he says 600cc sportbikes are useless; he seems like he'd be fun at parties lol

Here's the opposite, guy has a ZX10R, rides his buddies heavily modded H2, 3 days later "I'M SELLING MY BIKE, I NEED THE H2" lol. Much more enjoyable and entertaining watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbf2BWAXpQ

Edit: Other dudes bike in the video is an R1M and gets left like he's riding a 300. No fear I guess lol.

What i wanna know is how these dudes make their money? Cant be that much $$$ in youtube

Also who needs an R1 when you have the H2?

Seriously, no amount of power is ever enough

What i wanna know is how these dudes make their money? Cant be that much $$$ in youtube

Also who needs an R1 when you have the H2?

Seriously, no amount of power is ever enough

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/doitwithdan

If that's reliable, yearly earning 11K - 170K USD, from what I've read it seems that most fall into the 3/5th - 3/4 of revenue listed there. There's so much analytics that go into it and huge issues at the moment around content and what is deemed "suitable for ads", many youtubers who were thriving are have seen the cash dry up.

If he can pull 120K by dicking around on his bike and having fun, I'm jealous :)

Can't even wrap my head around how fast that H2. It just must feel like first gear litre bike throughout the entire rev range; in every gear.

Having said that, I agree with the general sentiment that supersports are kind of pointless on the street.

Im not rich enough for it

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Supersport or Cruiser there is only one thing that controls the bike and that is the rider. If you are an idiot the bike is dangerous. It is not the bike. I hate to use the analogy but kinda like guns. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Disagree. It really is the bike. An SS continually invites you to use it for it's intended purpose....go fast... fly.... defy gravity. It's seductive, so the bike can make one into an idiot. The rush is extremely seductive, satisfying and addictive. If it's just transportation, well then just buy a 300 cc.

It's a matter of degree. Just like guns....it's not really true that 'guns don't kill people' (ahum...they actually do), just some people prefer to use them to kill people. The real slogan should be:
- people kill people (likely one person with a knife, say)
- people kill more people (likely more than one with a gun)
- people kill many more people (likely double digits with an assault rifle)
It's the degree of efficiency. It hinges on the tool.

In this example, the tool is the SS, highly efficient at its intended purpose.

^^^ still love my SS and would have an H2 if I could afford one. Happy Apexes

My newer bike with a pipe makes me want to go faster more often than the exact same bike with the stock muffler.

They are glorified penis extenders. Everyone know that. They are crotch rockets!

Lol.

It's obvious, bin all SS bikes. They only belong on the track. Boring on the street, hurts after riding just a little bit.

Just work out and get enduro. Anything else is a waste of time.

After writing this post, just realized, we should all just get rid of personal transportation all together and take public transportation. Much safer.

Last edited:
Having said that, I agree with the general sentiment that supersports are kind of pointless on the street.

I'm not into sport bikes and agree that the potential subsonic speeds are pointless on the street but how about braking and cornering to avoid a crunch?

I may be wrong but SS bikes tend to have short wheel bases with the rider up top instead of slung low between the tank and rear wheel. That makes them more able to wheelie and stoppie if the rider is overzealous on the controls. A 900 pound Goldwing pretty much stays on the ground.

The YouTube videos of newbie SS riders wrecking their new bikes in the dealer parking lots may be due to over gripping the throttle. The lurch of releasing the clutch causes the rider to jerk back opening the throttle even more.

Too many posters imply that since they can't handle the bike no one can so they are just trying to save your life. Blame the tool instead of the fool attitude.

Back
Top Bottom