Fairing kits | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fairing kits

ride606

I was wondering who guys are using for full body kits. There are a lot of Chinese products and other aftermarket kits available, and I would like some feedback before I order something to find our it is poor fitting or breaks when you look at it too hard. Thanks

Had Squidskins on the ZX7, was easy to fit & stood up to 2 low sides pretty well.
Have Hotbodies on the GSXR1000, seems like good quality, don't intend crash testing it though.

Before everyone ***** all over HotBodies, it's what I've used on my last two builds. The fit for the upper/lower was great, the tail needed some work. They're light, I've crashed them and they faired well enough.

Currently have Squidskins upper/lower and fitment was good and recent crash testing went well. Bike rolled, smashing the windscreen and bent the fairing stay, but didn't break or crack the bodywork around the windscreen even with it bent down.

Had Sharkskinz on my R6. Very good fit and finish. The lightest stuff I've ever worked with. Never crashed it to test it's durability.

Best local source is Squidskins. Caution: Interesting personality ...

I've been very happy with my Armour Bodies stuff over the years.

Not the cheapest stuff but fit is great.

I like the idea of the HotBodies stuff that comes pre painted. Just give it a polish and go. I made a thorough inspection of Derrick's stuff when he got it and it's pretty nice. Fit up with the HB kit can sometimes be an issue though.

Another option is to look for a used set. There's quite a few people who have used that bike. Post up on Track Fanatics Canada or TDJ Yardsale that you're looking for a decent used set.

Best local source is Squidskins. Caution: Interesting personality ...
I read that as "Ted sells squidskins at Rosey Toes". Lol

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Looking at buying Auctmarts in near future. Supposedly, they're the best quality cheap chinese fairings

...common sense advice won't be taken, so it's removed.

Last edited:
Looking at buying Auctmarts in near future. Supposedly, they're the best quality cheap chinese fairings

AFAIK those are all injection molded ABS (meant to be a copy of OEM) not fiberglass, and they will not have an enclosed fluid retaining belly pan. I know you are not racing and I know that track day rules don't require that, but why not do it right. Re fiberglass vs ABS, when you crash, ABS tends to explode into a million pieces and be unrepairable. Fiberglass tends to maintain some integrity and has a better chance of remaining serviceable, if ugly.

AFAIK those are all injection molded ABS (meant to be a copy of OEM) not fiberglass, and they will not have an enclosed fluid retaining belly pan. I know you are not racing and I know that track day rules don't require that, but why not do it right. Re fiberglass vs ABS, when you crash, ABS tends to explode into a million pieces and be unrepairable. Fiberglass tends to maintain some integrity and has a better chance of remaining serviceable, if ugly.

What he said!:sign3::thumbup:

have squidskins kit on one of my bikes, fits well and since he is local if / when you need repairs, you can take it back to him and he will fix it

Back
Top Bottom