Anyone tried Streetrider.ca? online quote ~$480 cbr600rr | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone tried Streetrider.ca? online quote ~$480 cbr600rr

Megomaniac

Currently insured with Presidents Choice around $850/year for basic min coverage.
400$ cheaper seems to good to be true.

Anyone else tried streetrider.ca? (Youngs insurance brokers)

Just checked it out - they're quoting me half what I'm paying now as well. I'd also be interested to know if anyones tried them out!

It will be interesting to see what the actual price is when a policy is written (and preferably after the 60? day period where they have a chance to correct their mistakes). My guess is the website is used to generate leads not accurate prices.

Not good for me. $200 more per year. Mind you I got a quote for a stand alone policy. I currently have three bikes, two cars and the house with TD, get a few discounts for multi policies etc.
I pay under $500/year for my versys with full coverage, I'm also happy with my car rates at td.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see what the actual price is when a policy is written (and preferably after the 60? day period where they have a chance to correct their mistakes). My guess is the website is used to generate leads not accurate prices.
This

I'll get in touch with them soon

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

by default their online "wizard" has multiple lines checked off. so the quote is considering you move auto and home insurance.

factoring that it, Its interesting what they come up with. reasonablly accurate I guess based on what data I use as a basis of comparision. In my tests 1 at fault claim didn't make much of a difference. Each ticket was $200 a pop extra on the premium...

Over $1500 more than my current policy with TD for my 3 bikes.

Didnt try their 'insta quote' online but tried calling them...no one picked up (was on hold for 15 mins)

Automated message states they are open till 8 pm monday-friday

Mine was 2500 less than my current insurance. Seems sketchy but I requested an email form them.

Cheap insurance is great, until you need to make a claim....
I get fairly good rates with TD, not the best, but pretty good. What earned my loyalty to them was when my wife had an at fault collision, 100% her fault, and they treated her like gold all throughout the claim process. Best part was, when I signed us up with TD years ago I paid the extra $20/yr for accident forgiveness. When we got a new car (old one was a write-off) our rates actually went down.
Like I said, TD has earned my loyalty after that and I will always recommend them, even if they're not the cheapest.

I get fairly good rates with TD, not the best, but pretty good. What earned my loyalty to them was when my wife had an at fault collision, 100% her fault, and they treated her like gold all throughout the claim process. Best part was, when I signed us up with TD years ago I paid the extra $20/yr for accident forgiveness. When we got a new car (old one was a write-off) our rates actually went down.
Like I said, TD has earned my loyalty after that and I will always recommend them, even if they're not the cheapest.

Your experience seems to be the exception, rather than the rule

I have yet to find someone (let alone a large corporation/bank) be happy about losing money on a bad bet

Same here, first year my bikes were with a viva. Second year I switched it all to td, three bikes, two cars, and house. I'm getting very acceptable rates and am happy. Have never needed to make a claim though.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Your experience seems to be the exception, rather than the rule

I have yet to find someone (let alone a large corporation/bank) be happy about losing money on a bad bet

We have had our cars with Belair Direct for nearly 20 years. Over that time we have had 2 at fault claims (both covered by our accident forgiveness, so they had zero impact on our rates) and about 3 or 4 not at fault claims - someone hit us in a parking lot, a few hit and runs, etc.

ALL of the claims were handled simply and professionally - no drama, no fights, no hassles - really, zero problems. And they honoured the accident forgiveness without any question.

Not all insurance companies are bad.

Was quoted quite a bit more, but I have all my insurances with my current provider. It was however, significantly cheaper than any other motorcycle-only quote I've ever gotten. It might actually be good for my little C70 I'll be insuring next year...quite good rates for small bikes.

totally agree with this. I have had a claim from a major insurer, and things for me worked out well enough. Seems a few of the insurance brokers here are using the same backend website to do their business. The cheap rates are from unknown (to me) companies, usually US based, with offices here in Ontario. Looking at reviews online, they rate very poorly with claims issues.

Currently insured with Presidents Choice around $850/year for basic min coverage.
400$ cheaper seems to good to be true.

Anyone else tried streetrider.ca? (Youngs insurance brokers)

Just tried it, got quoted $270 a month on my r3 lol. $170 at m&w

Only ever made 1 claim (no fault, comprehensive due to animal)...was with TD MM and they were really easy to work with. That said, I got much better numbers from Allstate with the bike if I moved everything, so I made the jump. I figure most of the big players should be more or less the same...but I would be weary of any small providers, especially if you must go through them for any claims.

for the sake of curiosity, i just tested it out, the instant online quote for me (28yo Single Male) assuming I get my M1 this month & M2 in November with rider training for a 2005 Kymco Venox 250 (would have chose 2004 but no Venox listed for that year, only the bet & win) with purchase price (Tax Included) of $226, for Commuting 28 km 1 way & 21000 km annually, quoted me $134/month ($1611/year) with 1 company & $224/month ($2689/year) with another without multi-line discount, with multi-line discount company 2 gets reduced to $213/month ($2557/year) while company 1 stays the same. Company 1 also has a take note, says "This company does not support the coverage amount(s) indicated below. Substitutions available to this company have been used to calculate this premium." "2005 KYMCO VENOX 250 Comprehensive Deductible $300 selected $500 Quoted"
For comparison, I went through it again this time using a 2006 Tomos Targa LX (Only LX model listed) with purchase price of $791, everything else the same & only got a Quote for Company 1, $90/month ($1079/Year), same take note as before about "This company does not support the coverage amount(s) indicated below/Comprehensive Deductible $300 selected $500 Quoted"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom