Do you use their bikes at the M1 exit course? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you use their bikes at the M1 exit course?

Alderson

Afternoon

I'm planning on doing the course sometime this month if it's available. I don't have my license yet, nor a bike.
I'm curious to know what steps I need to take first.

Buy the bike, then insure it with just a m1 so I can take it to the exit course to use?

None of my friends ride, so I can't borrow one.

Do the exit courses have their own bikes that you can use/rent?

Courses have bikes that you practice and take exam with

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the response. That clears up so much confusion.
MTOhp has several different bikes to choose from

Dirt bikes like the crf150
Street bikes like the honda titan
Sportier bikes like the cbr 125
Cruisers like the kawasaki eliminator
And honda grom/z125

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

New rider ...use theirs :D

Want a good grounding ....go to Motopark in Chatsworth and take some off road training ...they have the gear and the bikes .

I live in the Burlington area, so anything closer my way would be best. I think the closest training place for me is in Milton or Mississuaga

Here's the website for a school I teach with (link goes directly to the school locations)... might be an option.
1 evening in class (either Thursday or Friday) for 3 hours. Bring your gear for inspection if you're uncertain about anything.
2 days on the lot, using bikes that the school provides.
Have fun!

I live in the Burlington area, so anything closer my way would be best. I think the closest training place for me is in Milton or Mississuaga

Mtohp is at Sheridan in Oakville.

One word of advice, if you want to actually be able to do the tight obstacle courses, stay off the kawasaki eliminator or any similar cruiser. It can't turn for ****, fun ride but handles like a cruiser ofcourse, and is kinda underpowered for it's mass, meaning that you have to go full throttle to barely make it to speed for some of the exercises. Tight turning radius won't be important for the test day, but the test includes points for confidence, they judge your confidence by your speed. Not enough speed means not enough confidence, and it could leave you short of enough points to pass. All of my lost points were for low speed, and I just made it.

Last edited:
Mtohp is at Sheridan in Oakville.

One word of advice, if you want to actually be able to do the tight obstacle courses, stay off the kawasaki eliminator or any similar cruiser. It can't turn for ****, fun ride but handles like a cruiser ofcourse, and is kinda underpowered for it's mass, meaning that you have to go full throttle to barely make it to speed for some of the exercises. Tight turning radius won't be important for the test day, but the test includes points for confidence, they judge your confidence by your speed. Not enough speed means not enough confidence, and it could leave you short of enough points to pass. All of my lost points were for low speed, and I just made it.

??? Confidence???

No, they do not judge confidence via speed.

Speed is a quantifiable measurement, measured from point A to point B within a certain time frame.

Tell me the formula for confidence. Curious as I'd like to measure yours JRT. From experience I know I can use the Eliminator and pass the M1X course. It's measured by ability, not confidence

One word of advice, if you want to actually be able to do the tight obstacle courses, stay off the kawasaki eliminator or any similar cruiser. It can't turn for ****, fun ride but handles like a cruiser ofcourse, and is kinda underpowered for it's mass, meaning that you have to go full throttle to barely make it to speed for some of the exercises. Tight turning radius won't be important for the test day, but the test includes points for confidence, they judge your confidence by your speed. Not enough speed means not enough confidence, and it could leave you short of enough points to pass.
A new rider would be best to disregard this info here.

I looked up the Eliminator and it looks like it'd be a good bike for the course/evaluation. Did you manage to get into second gear?
As far as bikes go, I find the CBR type very slightly little more difficult for that first turn, as you need to get near the steering lock to get it around the corner.
Also, really short bikes with low handlebars, as I then need to tip my knee out to turn the bars.
That being said, most students have no problems, doing it.

Edit: That's why it's usually best to stick with the same bike for the whole period.
The other factor is that the friction zone is going to be different, on different bikes, and it's best to only need to learn that once for the course.
<end edit>

When I went through, I was slow on the first two exercises as well.
More because the person in our group went very slow, and I had no other data to base my required speed on.

Watch the rider who demonstrates the exercises. The really good ones, go at the speed that the students are expected to.

It's not really an obstacle course. It's an attempt at a simulation of some riding you might come across:

1. Right turn from a stop, accelerate through a mild right curve, stop at the end.
  2. Accelerate from a stop into a mild left curve, stop at the end.
  3. Make a left turn from a stop.
  4. Accelerate from a stop, and then stop on a signal, as though the light had changed.
  5. Accelerate from a stop, and swerve to a side on a signal, as though boxes fell from a truck in front of you.
  6. Accelerate from a stop, and stop in a curve on a signal, as though you noticed the traffic backed up.

The speed required isn't very fast. It's not like you're on the street in a 50, 60, 80 zone, with traffic backed up behind you.

The closest thing to an obstacle course would be something know as the "peanut" a.k.a. decreasing radius curves, done in the training portion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom