Need insurance for GSXR600 with M1 license | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need insurance for GSXR600 with M1 license

I believe you're correct ghost, I should have clarrified tha I couldn't find "acceptable" insurance with an M1 even on what some consider a beginner bike(>751 cruiser).

Yes, Facility will insure anyone on anything. It might cost you three arms and six legs every month, but by law, you CAN get insurance.

It's just that most brokers won't even quote facilty when they see $1000+/month numbers coming out of their computer, assuming that their customers will just be ****** off. It's easier to say "Sorry, we can't offer you coverage!" and move on.

Yes, Facility will insure anyone on anything. It might cost you three arms and six legs every month, but by law, you CAN get insurance.

It's just that most brokers won't even quote facilty when they see $1000+/month numbers coming out of their computer, assuming that their customers will just be ****** off. It's easier to say "Sorry, we can't offer you coverage!" and move on.

Iv heard of people getting outrageous quotes but even the newest rider on a liter bike doesnt get quoted for 1000$+/month
(these are the same people however who find 4-500$ a month acceptable however..)

A new inexperienced young rider on a liter SS with a poor driving record certainly can and up in the $1000 per month plus category – I can dig up a few threads here where exactly that ended up being the result, for that matter.

Aviva is currently the lowest cost of insurance. That I was told from many brokers who tried to get me to move and a friend in the business said stay with aviva.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

They dont insure new riders on ss

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I got a quote on a Ninja 300 with ONLY the M1 (No exit course), and it was like 7.5k a year, with the exit course, it would be 1.6k a year

Lol, that's for sure. M&W told me they could get me insurance for about $300/mo, but if I get my M2 and rider training, it would be about $130 on a CBR300.

I'm really worried about getting bored on a 300 after a month or two. Any of you with 300's, did you find them fun for a good while?

First season on an R3 (320cc) and i'm having a blast. I typically ride around the city, jaunts downtown and back up to North York where i live. I have however done a half day trip on it out West and just took it to my cottage for the long weekend (3.5 hours North East of the #6ix). I can get 300ish kms out of tank.

It has all the power you need for the streets, i swapped out the throttle tube for one from an R6 and it lets me get on the jam earlier and i never have to 'regrip' to get all the way on now. I plan to keep it for at least next season and re-evaluate my need/desire for a bigger bike. I have to say however i am enjoying the $80/month on insurance, which will only get lower!

Downsides:

Yeah i ride with people who have SS and it does feel kinda bleh to get left in the dust as it were. But we aren't on a race track so in a few seconds i catch up and we're all square.
The highway, 120km+ and you`re going to feel the wind big time. I'm planning on upgrading to a double bubble and see if its better, otherwise you really need to stay tucked. At those speeds you will also feel the wind from the bigger trucks as they pass you.

TLDR: If you street it and don't mind getting up to the limit a few seconds behind others with SS's you'll be fine. If you tour i'd get something bigger, maybe a Ninja 650.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I got a quote on a Ninja 300 with ONLY the M1 (No exit course), and it was like 7.5k a year, with the exit course, it would be 1.6k a year

Contact M&W in the insurance section here, they seem fairly competitive!

Back
Top Bottom