Best tires for for GSX-R600 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best tires for for GSX-R600

10w40

Whats are the best/safest/most durable tires for a Suzuki GSX-R600? Are Michelin Pilot Road 2 overkill for streets?

Also looking for recommendations on the best place in the GTA for deals on tires, if anyone know of any specials at this time of year...:rolleyes:

If you aren't taking it to the track, you will find the Road2 an great sport touring tire.

I ran the PR4s on my Versys and love everything but the price.

Check out the line up of Continental tires as well, the bike came with Conti Motion and while a softer rubber, worked well for about 7k

Round, black ones that hold air.
Honestly, you can't go too wrong on anything that's out there - most people will never be able to exploit the limits here in the real world.

Round, black ones that hold air.
Honestly, you can't go too wrong on anything that's out there - most people will never be able to exploit the limits here in the real world.

:lmao:Ok, point well made :D

Aren't there major differences in durability though?

:lmao:Ok, point well made :D

Aren't there major differences in durability though?

Michelin Pilots have terrific recommendations, and in my experience its also worth looking into the current generation Shinkos if 'bang for the buck' and durability are your primary concerns.

For the first time even in my life i was able to go 1.5 seasons with one set of tires, said tires are the pilot Road 2s. Great in the rain as well and hold up well on a spirited ride down in PA.

Going to get a set of Pilot Road 4s now

For the first time even in my life i was able to go 1.5 seasons with one set of tires, said tires are the pilot Road 2s. Great in the rain as well and hold up well on a spirited ride down in PA.

Great choice - and not near as pricey as some of the others.

Ok, a lot of roads are pointing to them. Where are you getting yours? I'm not even on the road yet, just bought the bike, but if I can get a deal at this time of year, I'll grab 'em...

Ok, a lot of roads are pointing to them. Where are you getting yours? I'm not even on the road yet, just bought the bike, but if I can get a deal at this time of year, I'll grab 'em...
I got my tires from a local supplier as I do all my tires

I would recommend any of your local stores like Pro6, Fawaz etc.

Pr4's have done terrific on my 09 gsxr600. 100 km a day on the 401 since mid April and you can barely see the wear.
Caught in a few downpours and still felt great whole way home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have 23,000KM on the Shinko 777 I installed on the front of my bike last April, and about 15,000 km on the matching rear I installed earlier this year...and both are wearing and performing exceptionally well – I would say the front still is in the 40-50% tread range.

A lot of people like to crap on the discount brands just because they don't have a big name attached to them, however my experience has been nothing but great. What I'm trying to say is don't fall for the trap of buying a name versus a perfectly functional alternative that saves you a bunch of money.

In general I would agree with the sentiment that whatever you install is going to be perfectly adequate for your needs in the end however – Just doesn't by buy super expensive race tires for the sort of riding you are going to be doing – you won't be able to use them anywhere near their capabilities regardless, and as a new rider on a GSXR600 you're going to need to focus your money on the insurance costs, not super expensive fancy tires.

Last edited:
I love my Pirelli diablo rosso II's. I don't expect to get more than ~12k out of them but they perform spectacular.

Trying out the Dunlop Roadsmart 3 for a rear tire after killing Q3's and other sport tires in about 4000km on my KTM RC8r.
Ran about 4000km on it so far, and haven't had any issues, and the tire doesn't show any real signs of wear.

Finding the Q3 and rear RS3 combination quite nice. Worked great, even for very spirited runs of the dragon.

Last edited:
I have 23,000KM on the Shinko 777 I installed on the front of my bike last April, and about 15,000 km on the matching rear I installed earlier this year...and both are wearing and performing exceptionally well – I would say the front still is in the 40-50% tread range.

A lot of people like to crap on the discount brands just because they don't have a big name attached to them, however my experience has been nothing but great. What I'm trying to say is don't fall for the trap of buying a name versus a perfectly functional alternative that saves you a bunch of money.

In general I would agree with the sentiment that whatever you install is going to be perfectly adequate for your needs in the end however – Just doesn't by buy super expensive race tires for the sort of riding you are going to be doing – you won't be able to use them anywhere near their capabilities regardless, and as a new rider on a GSXR600 you're going to need to focus your money on the insurance costs, not super expensive fancy tires.

+1 Private Pilot - the real world isn't the race track. I have 8,000kms on the Shinkos on my KLR with no significant wear and they stick just as well as the Conti's that were on it when I bought it. New anything is better than worn out and CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURES REGULARLY!

Trying out the Dunlop Roadsmart 3 for a rear tire after killing Q3's and other sport tires in about 4000km on my KTM RC8r.
Ran about 4000km on it so far, and haven't had any issues, and the tire doesn't show any real signs of wear.

Finding the Q3 and rear RS3 combination quite nice. Worked great, even for very spirited runs of the dragon.

Great suggestion here.

There is no need to match the front and rear. They don't need to be the same model of tire.

A multi compound sport touring rear and a hypersport front is a great combo.

Here's an old pic. This is with Pirelli Diablo Strada front and rear. Relatively old technology, single compound tires. I had zero issues whatsoever riding them hard through The Dragon.
958bf4af71c4887131c15583bf08b84a.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom