Can't find insurance histrory | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't find insurance histrory

NYT

My prospective insurance company can't seem to locate my previous riding history. They can only seem to dig up records for roughly 6 months of insured riding, when it's more like 6 years! Most of this experience was prior to 2000, but I don't think that should be issue... it should still be there somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of my old insurance information. What can me or my prospective insurance company do to try and locate my riding history?P.S. I tried the MTO/Service Ontario and they claim all they can do is provide when I got my M1/M2

I thought old history was useless in the rating matrix anyway? The way I understand it, even if you have been licensed for 30 years, if you don't have recent insurance, you are classed as a new rider. You are trying to dig up 20 year old records so I'm not sure they'll help you at all.

As soon as you don't have insurance for a bit, you longer have continuous insurance, so nobody's going to care about this one time you were out riding twenty years ago.

Gaps in continuous coverage will impact your rating.

So if you got insurance for 6 months at a time sporadically or you shopped from one insurer to another, you can't expect them to keep records. That's on you. You should receive a renewal for each time/year you were insured.

If you only have the last 6 months and then had a gap and then had 6 years previous, unless it was 6 or more continuous years and with the same company, you'll have to call the company and ask. And you'll likely need the policy number so they can pull it up.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the companies that offered insurance 20 years ago no longer exist (or were purchased and quite likely had their old records purged).

If the companies still exist you can request a record of coverage via mail, but as was mentioned, don't expect it to make much difference - I was insured back in the late 90's for many years of riding but when I came back to riding a few years ago it was all moot - too long ago. Your licence class (hopefully full M vs M1 or M2 starting all over again) will make the most difference.

My prospective insurance company can't seem to locate my previous riding history. They can only seem to dig up records for roughly 6 months of insured riding, when it's more like 6 years! Most of this experience was prior to 2000, but I don't think that should be issue... it should still be there somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of my old insurance information. What can me or my prospective insurance company do to try and locate my riding history?P.S. I tried the MTO/Service Ontario and they claim all they can do is provide when I got my M1/M2

Which insurance company were you with?

Back
Top Bottom