Factory Race Bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Factory Race Bikes

giddyup

Do factory built race bikes have serial numbers?

Frames can be bought for racing without #s, so, wouldn't think so. Parts, including frames get replaced regularly.

Factories don't build race bikes, race teams do. And they usually use production frames that have serial numbers. If you buy a replacement frame from the manufacturer, it will normally come stamped with a VIN.

But as dricked said "haven't seen one of those in a while". Mine was one of the last ones built in Canada and I sold it last year.

If you're talking about MOTOGP...I have no idea. The frames likely have ID numbers but I doubt they're the standard 17 digits.

I replaced a frame. Bought directly from Kawi it was blank.

Caveat - it will normally come stamped with a VIN.

I worked for a bike distributor and I was stamping frames before they went out, it was policy.

When you could go to Yamaha and buy actual race bike they were stamped.

I have a couple of old TZ 350's that i'm building into one decent one . The 1980 is serial number 383-997xxx and the 78 on is 383-996xxx so there were very few made. They are also stamped with the model number - e.g. 3G3 for the 1980.

Thanks. This bike is a 2001 yammy and I wanted to confirm.

I am a Yamaha and Suzuki factory rider then

When you say factory race bikes, I'm thinking the ones VR, MM, JL ride. Though the ones Rae and Davies rides are production based, so may have VINs.

When you say factory race bikes, I'm thinking the ones VR, MM, JL ride. Though the ones Rae and Davies rides are production based, so may have VINs.
The correct nomenclature there would be that GP bikes are pure prototypes, whereas SBK bikes are production based.

The factory bit denotes those Superbike teams that got direct manufacturer support in the form of parts and technical data unavailable to the general public or privateer teams.

Back
Top Bottom