Red minivan with sportrack on roof left scene after hitting motorcyclist W74EJF | GTAMotorcycle.com

Red minivan with sportrack on roof left scene after hitting motorcyclist W74EJF

Invincible

Site Supporter
21191864_10154713901636078_2002713472867091739_n.jpg

Happened 12:50/12:55pm today

Motorcycle was in right lane going straight

Van missed the exit and cut across the lane and median to make the exit

Right side of van hit left side of motorcycle and knocked down the motorcycle driver

Van driver was white with brown colored hair
Couldn't see how many passengers because of tint but looked to be one lady in front seat
Van was trying to exit Salem rd at the last minute 401 going east
Van left the scene after the ambulance took the rider and didn't wait for police to arrive fleeing the scenes. Anyone see the van anywere

Last edited:
21191864_10154713901636078_2002713472867091739_n.jpg

Happened 12:50/12:55pm today

Motorcycle was in right lane going straight

Van missed the exit and cut across the lane and median to make the exit

Right side of van hit left side of motorcycle and knocked down the motorcycle driver

Van driver was white with brown colored hair
Couldn't see how many passengers because of tint but looked to be one lady in front seat
Van was trying to exit Salem rd at the last minute 401 going east
Van left the scene after the ambulance took the rider and didn't wait for police to arrive fleeing the scenes. Anyone see the van anywere

are you the one who took pic and did you notify the police? hope the riders going to be ok.

If you're going to relay the plate info, it's important to mention it's a Quebec plate.

And why can't the cops handle this?

These days I am starting to think it is a must to run a gopro all the time if you are riding to protect yourself from this kind of incident.

BB

These days I am starting to think it is a must to run a gopro all the time if you are riding to protect yourself from this kind of incident.

BB

Yep.

Got my helmet mount coming on Wednesday....

Yesterday I almost got smoked by a Mustang who didn't/couldn't see me behind a truck that was turning. Then after the big fight i was riding home and a young woman in an SUV crossed 3 lanes in one continuous move, just missed me by a foot. I suppose i should be thankful that at least she signaled..

Maybe he was going to the reporting station to explain his side of the story, and why he thinks the motorcyclist was in the wrong? p.s. Aren't helmet mounts still illegal here? Anyways, gws rider.

Yeah, pretty sure they are. I haven't heard of many riders getting hassled too much about 'typical' placement, i.e. not on top of your head. IF it becomes a big deal then id just mount it on the bike.

EDIT: GWS

Last edited:

BB
Yup, worth way more than insurance IMO as long as you ride responsibly, but costs way less.

Innovv K1 dashcam system. Set and forget. 2 cameras, one in front and back. Cheaper than a gopro and no helmet mount required.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Better to have the GoPro, (or any camera), mounted ON the bike. There is then no chance to capture a speedo reading in error. Plus the camera is stable and always facing forward. It won't, (unless like me, you have one facing forward and one to the rear), capture rear end collisions, but it will show enough

Better to have the GoPro, (or any camera), mounted ON the bike. There is then no chance to capture a speedo reading in error. Plus the camera is stable and always facing forward. It won't, (unless like me, you have one facing forward and one to the rear), capture rear end collisions, but it will show enough

Agree, but then you either have to remove the camera(s) every time you get off or risk losing them to miscreants. I am sure you could macgyver up something (like a bullet camera mounted in a fake fog light), but it is just easier to attach the camera to the rider. If the helmet is on the top of the riders helmet, a duct tape eyebrow over the speedo may be sufficient to hide it from the camera (or just tape over the speedo from 98 km/h to the top, on the highway go with the flow of traffic, on secondary roads, if you are over 100 you are asking for a chat with police anyway so your actual speed doesn't really matter).

Innovv K1 dashcam system. Set and forget. 2 cameras, one in front and back. Cheaper than a gopro and no helmet mount required.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
@hedo2002 @GreyGhost the one mentioned here is hardwired, has front and back cameras, virtually unusable if stollen (if I read it correctly), cameras can be hidden....but it comes with a $400 price tag

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

@hedo2002 @GreyGhost the one mentioned here is hardwired, has front and back cameras, virtually unusable if stollen (if I read it correctly), cameras can be hidden....but it comes with a $400 price tag

OK. That's cool (assuming it works well and doesn't kill your battery). Price is steep for me for a dashcam. Hopefully you can disable GPS too as speed overlay just makes it too easy for the police.

OK. That's cool (assuming it works well and doesn't kill your battery). Price is steep for me for a dashcam. Hopefully you can disable GPS too as speed overlay just makes it too easy for the police.
Did a quick read:
Has a low battery shut off, separate internal battery that keeps the cam on for 1 hr after shut off, and to (if I read it correctly) enable the cam if the bike is off but bumped/ moved.

If it's visible it is a target. Doesn't matter if it's worthless if removed. Some won't know or might just do it for damage sake.

If it's visible it is a target. Doesn't matter if it's worthless if removed. Some won't know or might just do it for damage sake.

The specific one JB linked was wired with wired ~1" cube cameras. The front camera could easily be placed somewhere it isn't obvious (air intake, rad, etc). The rear camera would likely end up inside the passenger peg brackets or ontop of the plate light or something similar so it doesn't stand out. If properly installed, removing it would be difficult. If someone had to cut wires to steal the camera, hopefully they are smart enough to realize they won't get any money for them.

A n y w a y . . .

GWS Rider. Cops get the driver!

Last edited:
Yes my GoPro was hardwired, the wiring harness cost about $150 USD. I also secured the mount with screwdriver so unless the thief brought their own they couldn't get it off the bike. They could have just stolen the camera without the case. The rear camera was a WASP, GoPro knockoff. In almost 2 years of having the cameras mounted no issues with tampering or attempted theft. they remained on the bike 24/7, but at night the bike cover was locked at the bottom, but that was to prevent them from stealing the cover..lol

Back
Top Bottom