How much do you pay in Taxes? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much do you pay in Taxes?

I was not picking and choosing. Just wish they had to pass a drug test to get the money. If you cant pass then how are you really going to get your life on track. I have to pass one to get my money and I have to work. Would love to sit at home collect and smoke js all day. But I value to succeed. Tax loop holes are great. they are there for all to use. I pay tax on my earnings then pay tax on what I buy. A loop hole that saves me $2000 is nothing compared to what I loose spending on someone paying cash for drugs...

I was not picking and choosing. Just wish they had to pass a drug test to get the money. If you cant pass then how are you really going to get your life on track. I have to pass one to get my money and I have to work. Would love to sit at home collect and smoke js all day. But I value to succeed. Tax loop holes are great. they are there for all to use. I pay tax on my earnings then pay tax on what I buy. A loop hole that saves me $2000 is nothing compared to what I loose spending on someone paying cash for drugs...

OK...lets go a bit further...would you not want your taxes to go for methadone treatment so an addict can get back on the straight and narrow? Methadone is still an opiate and still produces a high. I'm still contending that those people that sit at home and spend welfare on booze and drugs are not the major cause of your high taxes.

Again, personally, I'm totally against gingers called Kevin receiving any assistance at all...just my irrational personal preference.

Funny after 10 years of Harper you would think it would have been so low that the Liberals would have take years to get it this high...

No, seems like they only took one or two. if I look at my old uFiles I paid about 38% income tax for tax year 2014, I paid around 49% for tax year 2016. Now, in all fairness, I did more from Vancouver back to Toronto in 2015 but provincial taxes are a very small portion of that.

OK...lets go a bit further...would you not want your taxes to go for methadone treatment so an addict can get back on the straight and narrow? Methadone is still an opiate and still produces a high. I'm still contending that those people that sit at home and spend welfare on booze and drugs are not the major cause of your high taxes.

Again, personally, I'm totally against gingers called Kevin receiving any assistance at all...just my irrational personal preference.

I would love for them to get "clean". But the current set up has zero taper off with the program. So its a free hand out of drugs plus other resources that they are also able to collect while getting so called "clean". But like I stated before, you can only help yourself. To get "clean" you only need yourself and your own will to do it. We all think someone going to rehab will help them, but the real facts is rehab only works if you want it too, One can clean up their life without any help.

Wish those on welfare had to pass a drug test to get my money. Now we even pay for them to get high, plus their transportation from home to clinic and back again. WTF???

I would say bypass that argument by saying if you want to collect welfare and are able-bodied you would to have a part time job to collect. I'm not interested in telling people not to do drugs, pointless and fruitless.

My gf used to work at a temp agency years ago and I guess for welfare you just have to show that you are actively looking for work to receive welfare. So these guys would come in get a note from the temp agency saying they are signed up and then never accept any work.

I would love for them to get "clean". But the current set up has zero taper off with the program. So its a free hand out of drugs plus other resources that they are also able to collect while getting so called "clean". But like I stated before, you can only help yourself. To get "clean" you only need yourself and your own will to do it. We all think someone going to rehab will help them, but the real facts is rehab only works if you want it too, One can clean up their life without any help.

Actually it's pretty hard to clean up an addiction from powerful opiates alone without any help but that's by the by. So what about gingers called Kevin...they have a choice not to be ginger and not to be called Kevin. I detest the fact that my hard earned taxes go to these flame haired scofflaws.

If you know the truth, it will blow you away!

Rehab is for quitters......

I get people need help. Only making my comments based on many long convos with a case worker that deals with it. Most think their part of getting clean is showing up for the drugs leave repeat. No real progress or assessment or customization. Leaving again those that need the help to work for it them selfs. These programs are only one tool of many needed to repair what has broken in there life. Gingers, dont get me started on gingers...

Foi9x.gif

I'm more concerned about how my dollars are spent.

I'm OK with helping people but you help them out of a rut. You don't mink line the rut. The question is how to do it.

Give them nothing and they will murder and steal. Is the trade off worth it?

If you enjoy using things you have worked hard for many on welfare are laughing at you because they get the same for free.

How do you instill self pride, not ego?

How do you do that when consumerism is dependent on people putting others down because they aren't wearing the right t shirt or drinking $5.00 coffees?

It is. Doesn't mean you don't pay a lot of taxes, but you have options.....
With the right accountant, anything is possible.

The only downside to that is if you ever want to apply for a mortgage or any major loan/line of credit, etc. they look at your net income and not your gross. I guess you can't have the cake and eat it too.

With the right accountant, anything is possible.

favorite answer from our CFO after an up/down yr at the small table before the board meeting, Did we make any money? Well....... how much do you want to have made?

I don't complain about our taxes too much. I've had a few medical procedures over my life that would have bankrupted me several times over if I'd had to pay for them. Even if I lived in the USA and had what would be considered "good" medical insurance the copays and other expenses would have still probably cost us our house and retirement savings.

This is one of those times where it's always good to step back, take a deep breath, and remember how good we have it here in the grand scheme of things. Yeah, we pay a lot of taxes, but we also live in one of the best countries in the world and have one of the highest standards of living because of it.

I'm generally ok with that.

I know tons of people that do drugs and hold excellent professional jobs.

I also know people that do no drugs and can't hold a job.

Also, any time I've heard about one of these programs that drug tests people to get welfare they are just giant wastes of money and hardly catch anyone.

travel a bit guys, not vacations, but for work
see how the rest of the world lives
you'll appreciate your country more
and not ***** about taxes that build and maintain our communities

travel a bit guys, not vacations, but for work
see how the rest of the world lives
you'll appreciate your country more
and not ***** about taxes that build and maintain our communities

This is totally true too...I remember driving to Boston once and was on the outskirts thinking "what a ********" until I got to the city centre and everything looked nice aside from the "care in the community" crowd directing traffic naked on the sidewalk. Then there's Greece....and Spain.

[video=youtube;bOR38552MJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA[/video]

Back
Top Bottom