KTM 2T's vs Others | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 2T's vs Others

My ktm 200 exc was the best dirtbike I've ever owned, hands down. Except for maybe the 300...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

hmm, are you the Rob I race with? I'm Tyler on the #811 Kawi that almost hit your son when I squidded out and went off the side of the jump into the mud hole this past weekend if you're who I think you are lol.

Holy **** man. Small world! I don't know why but I would have never guessed it was you.

Holy **** man. Small world! I don't know why but I would have never guessed it was you.

It is a small world for sure. Since most of this site is street based do you ride on the street as well or just ride the dirt bikes?

It is a small world for sure. Since most of this site is street based do you ride on the street as well or just ride the dirt bikes?

That's how I started. Silly '80's cruiser for a few months. Then got into dual sport with a DRZ for two years and realized how much fun single track is. Sold the drz and got a real dirt bike to start racing XC's, and did that for two years. Now into MX and loving it as you've seen, lol.

Oh okay fair enough, if you did I'd assume it would've been a dual sport so I was going to see if you wanted to do some urban hooligan moto lol.

Yeah I'm bite by the mx bug pretty bad at this point. It pretty much consumes my life which is good keeps me out of trouble and active. Anyways I didn't mean to completely hijack this thread I'll see you at the next mx round I'm sure. Take it easy.

I picked up my first off road bike this winter. Went with a 2012' Gasgas ec200. Read great things about them as far as reliability etc. Only downside is PARTS! Supply network over here is not the best. If I had to do it over again I would probably look at the ktm 2t's. Parts and support available everywhere. If you do go ktm as around about the years to avoid for the e start.
From the little I do know through research you'll likely find the euro 2t's better suited to woods riding (with no mods).....the japanese bikes seem to need some mods in order to make most of their owners happy in the woods. Not sure what kind of riding you plan on doing.

Last edited:
From the little I do know through research you'll likely find the euro 2t's better suited to woods riding (with no mods).....the japanese bikes seem to need some mods in order to make most of their owners happy in the woods. Not sure what kind of riding you plan on doing.

Are you aware that Yamaha offers a woods specific dirt bike? the YZ250X

Absolutely aware....great bike...brand new in 2016 I believe. Prior to that they had what as a specific woods bike? Honda had what? Kawasaki had what? Honda no longer makes 2t's. Kawasaki makes a few small cc models which are mx based. My point was that the Japanese make very few 2t's in recent years....and even fewer number of woods oriented bikes.
Not sure of what type of riding the OP was intending for his 2t 250....or even if it's important to him whether or not it matters if the bike is better in the woods or on a track.

Last edited:

Absolutely aware....great bike...brand new in 2016 I believe. Prior to that they had what as a specific woods bike? Honda had what? Kawasaki had what? Honda no longer makes 2t's. Kawasaki makes a few small cc models which are mx based. My point was that the Japanese make very few 2t's in recent years....and even fewer number of woods oriented bikes.

If you follow your own post (above) your point was that any jap bike needed "some moods" to make the owners happy in the woods. My post was to bring to light that was not correct, then your response to you point made no sense with the thread #fakenews

Anyways - The yz250x does not require any mods to make me happy in the woods.

My buddy put just hand guards on his and called it done ... LOL .... even the pipe is nicely small, kind of tucked in, so he said screw the pipe protector as well. Really good bike.

I ride a stock 04 rm250 with hand guards on single track. Works pretty good for me but a bigger tank would be nice.

I have a 3.4 gal Clarke that'll fit your RM

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Geez, wish I could find one that easily for my kx250...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I have a 3.4 gal Clarke that'll fit your RM

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

He doesn't need it, bike uses no gas while parked :D

If you follow your own post (above) your point was that any jap bike needed "some moods" to make the owners happy in the woods. My post was to bring to light that was not correct, then your response to you point made no sense with the thread #fakenews

Anyways - The yz250x does not require any mods to make me happy in the woods.
You're right but KTM has 9.5 litre gas tank,6 spd,electric start,hydaulic clutch and lights.My 300 also got blue plated.

You're right but KTM has 9.5 litre gas tank,6 spd,electric start,hydaulic clutch and lights.My 300 also got blue plated.

ok.
What the hell do I need 6 speeds in the woods? I like technical stuff as any monkey can go fast in a straight. Don't need electric start, my 2 stroke starts first kick, would be nice to have but not a necessity, same as the clutch. I don't need lights, I got no business being in the woods at night. As for the tank, I can ride two hours straight with mine, I don't mind taking a trek back to the car to refuel however I do recognize that out of everything you said a bigger tank is probably the mood most people would do, for me I am perfectly happy with either one of my YZs.

Back
Top Bottom