Easy power vs chasing power | GTAMotorcycle.com

Easy power vs chasing power

bigpoppa

What is your preference? In two identical bikes (similar power, price, handling, etc etc)

A bike that requires a bit of work, and neck wringing to access power, or one that has more immediate access to power?

Low mid range power, and the ability to pass at over 120 on throttle only.

The 650 I'm on now works, although I miss my VFR for on tap power.

Downshifting has never been an onerous task for me. Down low power isn't a bad thing, and I don't need to go that fast on the street anyway, but just tap that left foot man

I love RPM
So put a peaky cam in the engine, baby
I love RPM
So come and take your bike and rev with me

The big single on the KLR, when you totally miss judge your corner speed and that tractor engine keeps on chugging... Hahaha.

I like both....one of the factors in deciding on the FJ09 with that lovely triple...best of both worlds.

I like a balance of torque and hp. I want power down low and to still have it pulling hard at 10k.

I just swap sprockets. I have a city set and a touring set so best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like having the power on hand, just twist the wrist and go. Feels safer for me to have that power on tap.

I like having the power on hand, just twist the wrist and go. Feels safer for me to have that power on tap.

Agreed. Like our 1200 GSAs? ;) Love the power delivery on that bike. Not as intense as my GSXR 1000, but a joy to get on the throttle with without having to down shift, even two up and fully loaded with luggage.

I was a naysayer on liter bikes but I must admit having the easy power on top of the CBF changed my thinking.....the mileage sucks tho.

What is your preference? In two identical bikes (similar power, price, handling, etc etc)

A bike that requires a bit of work, and neck wringing to access power, or one that has more immediate access to power?

Easy power. There's nothing fun about "neck wringing" and still not getting what you want out of it. It's better, IMO, to have more than you'll ever actually "need" and ladling it out at your own leisure. :)

YMMV.

I was a naysayer on liter bikes but I must admit having the easy power on top of the CBF changed my thinking.....the mileage sucks tho.

Now I remember why that motor annoys me! It's not that it doesn't have as much power as a "normal" litre bike, but that it still burns that fuel and turns it into nothing

Last edited:
I guess "neck wringing" for me because if I've got tons of power down low I feel like I'm babying the thing trying to keep my license and that's boring.

Back
Top Bottom