staging with bikers on the way? | GTAMotorcycle.com

staging with bikers on the way?

itsme

staggering with other bikers on the way?

Hi guys, Consider me as new to street/road riding. I am wondering what should I do when I reach to 1 or 2 other riders along the road (one lane road). Staggering or just ignore he/she/them and ride on the left tire track. My concern is staggering could mean breaking into other's privacy!

Last edited:
I think most often if you're not riding with them then you shouldn't stagger with them. Mind your own business. Mind your own safety. Mind your own following distances. Mind your own blocking positions.

I always stagger. Usually its for what.... 2-3 km?!

2 seconds back. No staging. Nobody invited you to the party. Watch out for yourself. Pass the group when/if you can, or go a different way.

Ride my line as I catch up. Stay far enough back for safety, and to assess the size of the group and passing opportunities. If passing is not possible and the group is slowing for a stop or turn, I'll stagger as I get closer. If there's too much oncoming traffic just riding along, I'll usually stagger but sit a little further back.

With recent events, I would stop for ice cream and then continue riding when they are gone as not to accidentally be associated with a rogue group of hooligans.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I think most often if you're not riding with them then you shouldn't stagger with them. Mind your own business. Mind your own safety. Mind your own following distances. Mind your own blocking positions.

+1.

With recent events, I would stop for ice cream and then continue riding when they are gone as not to accidentally be associated with a rogue group of hooligans.

What if they're a rogue group of ice cream eating hooligans ???

Do you:

1. Join them in a friendly cone then exit left when they go right?

Or

2. Order a second cone, smile and wave as they ride off into the sunset?

What if they're a rogue group of ice cream eating hooligans ???

Do you:

1. Join them in a friendly cone then exit left when they go right?

Or

2. Order a second cone, smile and wave as they ride off into the sunset?
2nd cone.
Always the 2nd cone.
Just don't try getting one from Uber. It won't show up.

What? Staggering isn't about fun times or appearing as a group it's about safety. If you're behind another rider, stagger

Trying to figure out how following one second behind is safer than following two seconds behind.

Working . . .

Working . . .

Working . . .

Working . . .

Illogical, Illogical, premise does not compute. Illogical.

Can someone please explain?

'Cause I'm gonna pass your @ss in another second if you don't wave me on by...

I get your theory. I still prefer to ride in staggered about two seconds back.

If you are behind a rider you know and trust then by all means ride staggered. If I encounter a rider I don't know I will never ride staggered as I don't know what they might do. I just treat them like a small car and ride appropriately.

What? Staggering isn't about fun times or appearing as a group it's about safety. If you're behind another rider, stagger

Just a note, if you ride with my buddy Willie, four seconds staggered is a good rule of thumb .

Doesn't matter whether you know them or not, you're required to stagger if you're in line with other riders. It is not the law in Ontario but in places like Quebec it is. Think about how stupid it is to ride in single file in the left side of the lane. It just makes no sense. You give up a lot of stopping distance. Do what's safe.

Back
Top Bottom