Those who do ride to the track | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Those who do ride to the track

I had a highside once where I wasn't even hurt a bit. But the bike was JACKED. It did still roll though.

So I only would ride to a trackday if home is downhill.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I didn't own a car at the time, and if I did the hassle of renting a car, trailer and loading for an 8AM arrival time was logistically impossible (I live in a condo). Later I got a minivan and loaded everything easily in the underground parking the night before.

So realistically you're cheap. You have no problem on being a burden to others if you crashed your bike and had no plan b prepared. That extra one day savings of a renting a car or a trailer is all worth it to you if something went wrong.

I've learned something from this thread, I don't crash nearly as often as some people lol.

I've learned something from this thread, I don't crash nearly as often as some people lol.
I resemble that comment!

I resemble that comment!

Haha!

I just don't like getting my bike dirty or scratching it so I keep it off the ground. Since I started racing I've had one crash a season, it's kinda weird.

I have ridden to many trackdays, but always had a friend with me just in case. If you're only going to ride for fun crashing should not happen. If you want to ride hard than a trailer is best.

I have ridden to many trackdays, but always had a friend with me just in case. If you're only going to ride for fun crashing should not happen. If you want to ride hard than a trailer is best.

Until someone takes you out. It shouldn't happen but it does.

A lot of those above mentioned injuries, you shouldn't have been driving either, if you're being honest with yourself

A lot of those above mentioned injuries, you shouldn't have been driving either, if you're being honest with yourself
Probably not, but you gotta do what you gotta do

Haha!

I just don't like getting my bike dirty or scratching it so I keep it off the ground. Since I started racing I've had one crash a season, it's kinda weird.
Mine have tapered off, one a year the past 3 years

So realistically you're cheap. You have no problem on being a burden to others if you crashed your bike and had no plan b prepared. That extra one day savings of a renting a car or a trailer is all worth it to you if something went wrong.
What cheap? I could have rented a car and trailer and showed up at noon, or rented the night before and left everything... in my underground parking? Like I said it was logistically impossible.

I might have been able to rent a minivan but I didn't think of it. In any case that requires some figuring out ahead of time and it could be a different model every time I rented.

Very presumtuous to say I had no plan B, I had plenty of alternate plans. Worse case I'd have it towed home for a few hundred bucks. Turns out plan A always worked oit fine.

Last edited:
Once I loaded up and drove home mid sunday after a crash. When I got home I had to call my wife to open my truck door for me because I was unable to from the inside. I couldn't even really move. Went to ER and had 4 broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Missed a month of work. I couldn't have ridden.

Once I had a lowside in saturday qualifying. After racing sunday I could barely move my right wrist without severe pain. Drove home, went to ER next day. Turns out I had a bunch of fluid on the bone on my forearm and had to miss work for a week. I couldn't have ridden.

One time I crashed and was knocked out cold and woke up during the ambulance ride. After an afternoon in the hospital, I got back to the track and thankfully my buddies had loaded my bike and gear into my truck. I drove it home because I had to but looking back I probably shouldn't have. I couldn't have ridden.

With many injuries you could go to the hospital, receive treatment, then get back to the track and fetch your gear and drive home.

I crashed in the Saturday race at AMP this year. Sore shoulder and a mild concussion. I was not able to race on Sunday.. but I did drive 2100km back home.

Lots of injuries could keep someone from riding but driving is still possible. Many small dismounts off the bike could result in minor damage that is easily fixed but would make riding home from the track difficult or impossible.

Right hand injury, Had one racing, was able to drive with my left hand but not able to operate the gas and front brake on the motorcycle.

I also never go to track alone, so not riding and not going alone are a must for me.
These are great answers. Thanks for finally taking my Q seriously. Until...
I'm not convinced that Fastar1 isn't trolling us.

These are great answers. Thanks for finally taking my Q seriously. Until...

I find it hard to believe you could not imagine such scenarios without examples being given.

Your comment about a highside resulting in a "sore back" is truly bizarre.

I find it hard to believe you could not imagine such scenarios without examples being given.

Your comment about a highside resulting in a "sore back" is truly bizarre.
It was a question.

The examples were useful because they all illustrated that unless a rider went to emerg, he could take care of things himself even if unable to ride.

It was a question.

The examples were useful because they all illustrated that unless a rider went to emerg, he could take care of things himself even if unable to ride.
I went to the emergency, the moment i got back had to get on the car and drive my buddy to the same emergency as he had just crashed and broken some ribs, then we got back, we both load up our bikes and drove back home.

It all depends on the injuries but you can take the pain for a few min while you load etc, but taking the pain for a 3 hour motorcycle ride back? is just not possible

Back
Top Bottom