Those who do ride to the track | GTAMotorcycle.com

Those who do ride to the track

justride

For those who do ride to the track, how. where do you manage to gas your bike, rest, store your stuff (snack, water, backpack etc. Realize it's different for each track but any info would be much appreciated. I live in mississauga so the nearest track would be grand bend or bowmanville. later

Or cayuga?

I was planning on building racks so I could go diving with the bike, but life got in the way so I never built them. The easiest way to do it yourself for a sport bike would likely be a trailer for your stuff (or even better a friend with some space in their vehicle to carry your crap). Track people seem to be friendly, I am sure you could find someone headed the way you are and drop your stuff off the day before.

I don't recommend doing that, you have a car that can tow motorcycle trailer from u haul? It's about $20 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not an ideal idea.

You will be tired after a day on the track, plus where to carry all your track essentials, plus, the case you go down and wreck your bike you now have no way home.

thank you for your concern not only for me but for the other track riders. Right now i am looking at the [FONT=&quot]CURT 13535 Class 3 Trailer Hitch
[/FONT]
for my little crv on amazon. gotta get the hitch, the harness, the ball.

thank you for your concern not only for me but for the other track riders. Right now i am looking at the [FONT="]CURT 13535 Class 3 Trailer Hitch
[/FONT]

I can't see needing a class 3 on a CRV, but if it is the same price as a Class 2, I guess there is no harm. What is the rated tow capacity on your CRV? If you go class 2, I have a tongue (and probably ball) that you can have.

thank you for your concern not only for me but for the other track riders. Right now i am looking at the CURT 13535 Class 3 Trailer Hitch

I can't see needing a class 3 on a CRV, but if it is the same price as a Class 2, I guess there is no harm. What is the rated tow capacity on your CRV? If you go class 2, I have a tongue (and probably ball) that you can have.

And if you end up going with a class 3 I've got a hitch and ball you can have.

thank you for your concern not only for me but for the other track riders. Right now i am looking at the [FONT=&quot]CURT 13535 Class 3 Trailer Hitch
[/FONT]

Cheapest place I found for my wife's crv was uhaul, class 3 hitch was just over $200.

I don't recommend doing that, you have a car that can tow motorcycle trailer from u haul? It's about $20 a day.

Are those trailers still limited to 45 MPH though?

Pack like your going camping, but bring a bike and gas. Left over gas goes in car to get you home

I had a Jetta with Class 2 hitch and rented motorcycle trailer twice to take bike to calabogie. Bike on the trailer everything else in the car including food, water, stand, tools, oil, canopy. Etc.

I plan to keep doing that until I have a larger vehicle that can tow a hauler and I have space to park it.

I don't remember seeing anyone coming on the bike for the track day.

They do that so their trailers do not get pulled over by MTO. MAX 55 keeps them off the hwy

They do that so their trailers do not get pulled over by MTO. MAX 55 keeps them off the hwy

That's exactly my point though, I wouldn't want to be hassled by MTO or OPP about it. It's kinda hard to argue that you aren't wilfully ignoring the giant sticker on the trailer

I think all of the Harbour Freight trailers are rated for max 55 as well. People have many many km on them at much higher speeds. I wonder if it's a licensing/certification thing (eg. above 55 they have to comply with a tougher standard).

If your trailer looks to be in decent shape and the load is securely fastened, I haven't seen MTO or police hastle people. Hell, many tractor trailers have the max 55 sticker on them and they cruise along the 401 at 110 km/h all day.

HWY speeds limits are just that Limits. It does not say "Not for HWY use" I see school buses with Max 90km/h on the Highway. The wheels and axles are more then capable of the speed. Uhaul assumes you will be over loading the trailer and by limiting the speed it limits the wear. Uhaul is all about cutting corners. Look at all the Utah plates to bypass Canadian safety's...

Rode to the track once. But had someone drop off my extra stuff, like gas cans, etc. and meet me at the end of the day to pick it up. Then again I was only a half hour away from the track that time. The rest of the time, I hauled it all in a van. Even hauled a stranger's stuff and bike once or twice. They paid half the gas for transport.

U haul trailer says "recommended" 55mph but don't take it on the highway if you think you should not. The Key message for OPs is to not ride the bike to track to manage all kinds of different risks.

You can rent a cube van, pickup, sprinter etc.

Last edited:
The way I see it is... if you have a crash and hurt yourself, you are now expecting others to deal with everything for you, there is no way around it, which many will and I have but is it fair for you to put people on that spot?

Back
Top Bottom