Dyno tune - Full system | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dyno tune - Full system

Ghostrider619

Hi I was gonna get PCV for my full system but they don't have the map for my particular setup. Was thinking of Dyno tuning the bike so my bike doesn't lean too lean to damage the engine.

Anyone knows how much $ I am looking at for the Dyno tune to get the A/F ratio right. Thanks

How perfect do you need it? I though autotune was working reasonably well these days? Start rich and let the computer lean it out and it should be safe enough. A well trained operator and hours on a dyno may do better, but would also likely cost more and the investment would be needed again if you make future changes.

How perfect do you need it? I though autotune was working reasonably well these days? Start rich and let the computer lean it out and it should be safe enough. A well trained operator and hours on a dyno may do better, but would also likely cost more and the investment would be needed again if you make future changes.

I just want the engine to run a bit rich to compensate for more air. Not really looking for any gain on performance. Slip on was way too quiet since it has a huge cat. I thought Dyno + flash would be a bit cheaper than PCV + Autotune module thats why I was going that route.

Should I go with PCFC instead since I'm not really looking to gain any power, just want some more fuel ? It's significantly cheaper. I can try running another full system exhausts map and tweak it accordingly after test riding. It has low mid high rpm adjustment dials.

I think a tune on a dyno will run you around $200

Call up ChampionCycle.ca

He did a great job tuning my Bazzaz.

A proper tune takes 2-4 hours depending on the fueling system in use. I can tune any bike for 100% throttle in about 30-40 minutes, but that's not where you do the bulk of your riding. Some bikes can take 30-40 minutes of set up time just to get dyno ready. You need to set rear tire pressure, install the specific O2 sensor, find and plug into the correct ECU cable for the RPM signal (in some bikes this requires removal of the tank), and properly heat soak the motor (this alone takes 20 minutes). Tuning has to occur at all throttle settings available within the fueling module, this can be 2.5%, 5%, 10%, 20%.....80%....100%. Performing all the runs consecutively can cause the system to overheat (even the frame will be hot to the touch), so you need to shut things down for 2-3 hours and give the bike a break at least once or twice. Call the shop and speak to the dyno operator, don't be shy, pick their brain. You can see why some shops charge more.

Back
Top Bottom