How much do insurance premiums go up after a claim? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much do insurance premiums go up after a claim?

Do you guys know if a repair shop will ever let you keep the old parts they replace on your bike? Some have pretty minor scratches and I'd like to have them for my own projects.

was speaking with a tech (car & heavy equipment but i would assume bikes are similar) about this not long ago. apparently they are legally obligated to return almost everything other than warranty/recall and occasionally ins. unless otherwise stated.

The just of it is that the parts are your property and unless they have a valid reason (taking the part back under warranty/recall or it being unsafe to re-install like a spent brake rotor etc.) they do not suddenly gain ownership.

FYI the bike was written off and I was able to keep it plus ~$7k so not too bad of a result. Also, it was branded as None, which means I can insure it and it is street legal.
but will your insurance company still insure that bike for road use??
they may offer liability only...which considering they already paid you out on the bike isnt a bad deal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom