507 Crash this past weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

507 Crash this past weekend

hedo2002

Site Supporter
Seems like there are now conflicting reports. Initially, it said a pickup truck had crossed the center line and collided with a group of riders.

Now we are beginning to see news reports where OPP are saying it was another bike, from a group of 11 bikes, that crossed the center line, colliding with another group of riders. So was there a pick up involved at all, many have said it was likely distracted driving, but I doubt the rider, who apparently crossed the line was texting.

Then another rider collided with a car stopped at the scene, while another rider went into the ditch.

If there was a group of 11 bikes surely someone from this forum could shed more light?

Seems like there are now conflicting reports. Initially, it said a pickup truck had crossed the center line and collided with a group of riders.

Now we are beginning to see news reports where OPP are saying it was another bike, from a group of 11 bikes, that crossed the center line, colliding with another group of riders. So was there a pick up involved at all, many have said it was likely distracted driving, but I doubt the rider, who apparently crossed the line was texting.

Then another rider collided with a car stopped at the scene, while another rider went into the ditch.

If there was a group of 11 bikes surely someone from this forum could shed more light?

Pickup truck crossed the Line on Hwy 7 and hit three riders.

Bike crossed the line on 507 triple fatal. There was a post that was removed that said that group that crossed the line was going very very fast.

The Fallen Riders post on GTAM combines two separate horrendous head on crashes.

Last edited:
I've only been to the 507 once and never went back for this reason.

80% of the corners are blind and you need to be going at 170km/h at minimum to get any thrill. There is also no run off with a ditch on one side and hill/wall on the other.

A message to any rider that reads this and wants to go push limits at the 507: this is what race tracks are for. What you don't pay for in fees on legal roads you will pay with your life or blood when you **** up.

油井緋色;2519617 said:
I've only been to the 507 once and never went back for this reason.

80% of the corners are blind and you need to be going at 170km/h at minimum to get any thrill. There is also no run off with a ditch on one side and hill/wall on the other.

A message to any rider that reads this and wants to go push limits at the 507: this is what race tracks are for. What you don't pay for in fees on legal roads you will pay with your life or blood when you **** up.

Agreed. I came around one of the blind corners in my car towing a trailer and there was a shtshow in front of me. Somehow had dropped their trailer wheels off the road and were stuck blocking the entire right shoulder and NB lane as well as a bit of the sb lane. If you had any substantial speed, there would be no where to go. Even if you had done a scouting run 5 minutes before to check road/police conditions, that may not have been there.

507 is ok as a touring road, it is not a great road to go all out on.

The rider who initially crossed the center line, and the other northbound rider involved in the subsequent collision, were both members of a social media group on Instagram. The CBC article provides a link to it. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/3-dead-motorcycle-crash-1.4256914 I don't have an Instagram account, so I can't fish out much more than that.

Location of the crash is about 2 km north of Flynn's.

Last edited:
Comments from the gofundme page for the northbound riders.

Laura Allison Polischuik
16 hours ago
My best friend's father was the other man killed in this senseless accident. This could have all been avoided had they not lost control going over 150km/hr. Scott was the father of 6 kids and many more grandchildren.

Ashley Polischuik
15 hours ago
The burden put on their families?? How about their recklessness killed an innocent man... a father... a grandfather... a husband!!! They drove like idiots in excess of 160km per hour... this fundraising should go to the family of the deceased man they are responsible for. RIP Scott.

Pete De Vos
11 hours ago
I lost a good friend because of these people driving like idiots. They were the authors of there own misfortune and took a good man to boot. Senseless deaths all.

It's a fun road to ride on for sure, but I woke up one afternoon when a dog ran out onto the 507 in front of me and I realized there were no air fences nor medical teams on standby.

A friend of mine is still coping with injuries sustained in a collision with a pick up truck who pulled out in front of her.

My heart goes out to the families of all the deceased, but some made a conscious choice to ride for the thrill and left their commen sense behind. I wish it could have been an easier lesson learned by all concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification about the merging of two seperate threads.

Pickup truck crossed the Line on Hwy 7 and hit three riders.

Bike crossed the line on 507 triple fatal. There was a post that was removed that said that group that crossed the line was going very very fast.

The Fallen Riders post on GTAM combines two separate horrendous head on crashes.

A horrible situation for all involved. This sounds like it played out very similar to the Benny Hill Grom pileup, but tripling of speeds made the outcome much much worse.

RIP Riders. Very sad, I travel this road many times each year and with all the twisties you need to stay in check with your speed and also keep in your mind the speed that could be coming the other way.
Condolences to the families involved.

Did the 507 once. Kept waiting for the twisties to start and then I got to the end.

9cdd3799dcc8596215b88a5827fe42d4.400x226x42.gif

Did the 507 once. Kept waiting for the twisties to start and then I got to the end.

9cdd3799dcc8596215b88a5827fe42d4.400x226x42.gif
That's like the first time I went to the Forks. I'd heard about it for years, but then I went, fully residential, 40-50km/h, and done in 5 minutes. Talk about a let down...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

That's like the first time I went to the Forks. I'd heard about it for years, but then I went, fully residential, 40-50km/h, and done in 5 minutes. Talk about a let down...

Sounds like my wife's recap of our wedding night ?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Add Snake Road to that list. I rode it on a HD Sportster when I got back into biking. Did it at legal speeds and wondered if it was a different Snake Road than the one people were talking about. Only a pleasant diversion to a superslab as are most roads when done at legal speeds if you really think about it.

Back
Top Bottom