New seat help for shadow | GTAMotorcycle.com

New seat help for shadow

JTR

Ok cruiser guys, it's soon time for me to put a new seat on the Phantom. Stock seat as anyone knows is a literal pain in the ***** after a couple hours. So far I've found 4 seats by the usual 2 companies, Corbin and Mustang. Each company has a touring style seat, and a seat that looks closer to the stock shape. While I would like to keep the styling that I have, I worry that I'll be sacrificing comfort with those seats. The simpler stock looking ones are also much less expensive as well. Another difference is the pillion looks more robust on the touring style seats as opposed to the tapered off passenger seats of the others.

I would really like to do some seriously longer rides, atleast inter-provincial, if not cross country.

So who has any of these seats on a similar bike, what are your thoughts, gripes and recommendations? Are there other great companies that I'm missing?

I have an Ultimate on my VTX - Canadian company, and from people that have ridden with all 3 (Corbin and Mustangs) say they are comparable if not better.

https://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/shadow-750-seats

I find mine comfortable for up to 700-800KM/day. Yes, I just had a thread here recently on seat comfort (in case you look or noticed it) but that was due to a exceptionally long ride I just got back from that exceeded those numbers 5 days in a row. ;)

I'm not sure if it is a) because I bought a stock seat that was repadded or b) because I don't/ haven't done long rides or c) because I have ample built-in cushioning, but I do not find my seat bad at all.
That being said, I will 2nd Ultimate Seats for the same reasons as PP: local, and ppl that have had all 4 (stock, corbin, mstng and Ultimate) have all put Ultimate as #1.
I know at the shows they have the seats set up on little boxes to test out as well. Not sure if that is an option with the other makes, but being local may be a good place to start.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Hmm I'll check them out. Yes PP I had read through that thread a bit, seemed to focus more on additions to the seat though(gel pads and beads etc.). I'm hoping to maybe get a Montreal trip in this season if I can bear it, and next season I'd really like to try one or more of the cannon balls. I've already been keeping my eyes open for a tent that will fit nicely into a saddle bag or backpack. On my current sea though I'd be lucky to make it to Peterborough lol, should be ok for Dover in October, but like I said I'd like to hit Montreal.

I know someone who is very happy with the custom rider seat. Genuine OEM honda accessory. Top notch, as expected.

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/shadow-phantom/accessories.aspx

08F82-MFE-200.jpg

What a shame, they only offer a solo for the Phantom and Spirit. I kinda liked them too. That honda seat looks nice, solo though, I need the passenger seat.

@JTR if you ever make it out my way, you are more than welcome to try out my seat and see if is any different than yours. Repadding may be an option.

Try an Ultimate, I don't think you'll be disappointed, and if you are you'll have no problem selling it - they are highly sought after.

The trip I just got back from had several 1000+KM days back to back (the shortest was ~700KM) which is why I was concerned about adding something on top of the Ultimate (the AirHawk was perfect), but I've rode countless 500+KM days on my Ultimate alone and was always comfortable.

Yeah unfortunately they only make solos for phantom and spirit

Yeah unfortunately they only make solos for phantom and spirit
I'm the type of guy that would call them up and ask how much to do a pillion. Sometimes the smaller companies will be more accommodating.

Back
Top Bottom