Friend needs help getting affordable (lol) ins for 600 with M1-M2 class license | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friend needs help getting affordable (lol) ins for 600 with M1-M2 class license

2K8_Gixxxer6

Hey guys, my friend is looking to buy and insure a 2007 CBR 600RR. He currently has his M1 and has booked his weekend course to acquire his M2.
Just wondering if there are any insurance companies that you guys can recommend that are bike friendly or better yet, Sport bike friendly?
I remember when I started riding 9 years ago, State Farm didn't give a crap weather you had your M1 or full M for the last 20 years.

Haha, if he wants affordable, sell the bike and buy a different bike. Otherwise use search, there are probably a dozen threads in the past 2 months asking the same question. Nobody seems to brain anymore :/.

Yes tell him many insurance companies will be happy to insure him for the same amount as his monthly rent

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Ok, take it easy. I didn't mean to add another "what insurance company" thread to your precious forum.
Anyways.... I'm looking for actual company names, like what companies or brokers should he call that will insure sports bikes?
Its been a while since I've shopped around and I remember getting the "oh, we don't insure Sport bikes" which is what I'm trying to avoid.
Im not asking what company will give him better rates.
And yes, I am aware that it will be expensive, that's why I used the abbreviation for laugh out loud in the title.
He is willing to pay what most of us would think not affordable.
Thanks in advance.

It his business if he wants to pay those rates. I don't agree, but whatever.
So, I can tell you who NOT to call.
All State
State Farm

I would first start with Chris or Paul South (they are brokers on the forum) they will probably be his best bet.
Now for my old guy rant--
Tell him to get a 300 or 400 for a couple years and not waste that extra $$ now. It might seem worth it now, but in the future he will look back to regret it. //rant over.
Good luck, and would love to know what he ends up doing.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

It his business if he wants to pay those rates. I don't agree, but whatever.
So, I can tell you who NOT to call.
All State
State Farm

I would first start with Chris or Paul South (they are brokers on the forum) they will probably be his best bet.
Now for my old guy rant--
Tell him to get a 300 or 400 for a couple years and not waste that extra $$ now. It might seem worth it now, but in the future he will look back to regret it. //rant over.
Good luck, and would love to know what he ends up doing.

Nope, paul south doesnt do SS or anything non SS over 750cc for anyone with less than 4 years of experience

There are a few that still insure sportsbikes, but in most cases they'll only do it with full M, and/or beyond a certain age, with a certain amount of riding experience, and likely also bringing over a car.

Allstate, Dalton Timmis, and TD MM will insure sportsbikes, however the costs are high, and I like I said, most will likely say no given the age and experience of your friend. The probability of your friend becoming a statistic on that bike with no experience is too high for them...which should be a sign to rethink the whole starting on a SS route, but I digress.

Honestly I don't think anyone but TD will insure him based on his experience and it would be 5k-8k for the year. No insurance company in Ontario is sport bike friendly

Nope, paul south doesnt do SS or anything non SS over 750cc for anyone with less than 4 years of experience
My bad

Facility will insure him, but if he's anything less than 30 it's unlikely to be a combination most underwriter will consider anymore.

Remind him that whatever insane price he gets is for 12 full months - he cannot cancel the policy in November when the season is over, he's bored of the bike, he's crashed the bike, or he's broke (or any combination of all 4) and get out of paying the remaining amount due for the season which, in short, will end up being about 2x what he paid for the remainder of the season.

Why anyone would be willing to pay $800-$1000/month for a supersport as their first motorcycle is beyond me. Money aside, the whole "a supersport is a terrible choice for your first motorcycle" argument is also old and busted here, but still worthy of consideration.

I know for some, maybe a 600 ss isn't a good idea, but if you respect the bike and aren't an idiot, I don't see him becoming "another statistic". I bought my first 600 brand new when I was 23, and almost a decade later, I'm still here.
My friend is 33 years old, and a really chill guy. Much more than me anyways. Clean driving record for the last 10 years. And not young dum and full of cum with something to prove.
thanks for the info guys, and if there's any more it would be appreciated.

Like I said, the "New rider on a SS" argument has been beat to death here. Most say it's not a wise idea for a variety of reasons he doesn't even comprehend, but especially when you add on the insane insurance cost of doing so. He could chose a more modest bike for his first few years that he could insure for drasticlaly less money ("Cheap", even!), learn and gain valuable experience, and then upgrade to the SS at that point not only better prepared for it, but WAY more affordably as well.

But at age 33, he may actually be able to find an underwriter for his goal, but I still wouldn't use the word "Cheap" when it comes to what he gets for pricing. Less insane maybe, not still not cheap.

Kanetix.ca is a good place to start to get a ballpark on pricing for someone just starting out these days... your price should always come out cheaper when you call in directly.

Kanetix.ca is a good place to start to get a ballpark on pricing for someone just starting out these days... your price should always come out cheaper when you call in directly.

10 years ago I found Kanetix useful. The last few times I tried it, throwing darts at a board covered in numbers would have produced substantially better results than their guesses. Entirely useless now (unless they have fixed it recently).

10 years ago I found Kanetix useful. The last few times I tried it, throwing darts at a board covered in numbers would have produced substantially better results than their guesses. Entirely useless now (unless they have fixed it recently).

For new riders it's a good place to start as it will put them in their place and deflate their ego about buying a SS... for existing riders it's a complete waste of time.

Try these people. If this list doesn't work he can't afford the insurance.

· Drivers First, part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited (Melissa Jones) – 905-366-3873 or email Melissa.Jones@cgbgroup.com
· Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) - Email andys@daltontimmis.com or phone 905-633-9019
· All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567
· Surnet Insurance (Paul South) – 1-866-607-6168 or email psouth@surnet.net
· Riders Plus – 1-877-251-4504
· Cornerstone Insurance(Carlos Vincent ) - 1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167 & email - cvincent@csib.org
· John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited – 1-866-383-3957
· State Farm (Seamus Kelly)- 905-383-6787
· TD MM Insurance – 1-800-338-0218

This X100

Try these people. If this list doesn't work he can't afford the insurance.

· Drivers First, part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited (Melissa Jones) – 905-366-3873 or email Melissa.Jones@cgbgroup.com
· Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) - Email andys@daltontimmis.com or phone 905-633-9019
· All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567
· Surnet Insurance (Paul South) – 1-866-607-6168 or email psouth@surnet.net
· Riders Plus – 1-877-251-4504
· Cornerstone Insurance(Carlos Vincent ) - 1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167 & email - cvincent@csib.org
· John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited – 1-866-383-3957
· State Farm (Seamus Kelly)- 905-383-6787
· TD MM Insurance – 1-800-338-0218

^good place to start, but no one will insure a new rider on a SS, atleast not for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom