Friend needs help getting affordable (lol) ins for 600 with M1-M2 class license | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friend needs help getting affordable (lol) ins for 600 with M1-M2 class license

600RR first bike is going to be expensive for an M2 rider (RR=RiskRisk).

To each his own, but I'd recommend something in the 300CC area for a beginner. My 22 year old has been riding 6 years, insurance on a 300 Ninja is $470 per year (bundled with car). For a 600RR he would be looking at about $3600.

It's more fun running a small bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Hey guys, my friend is looking to buy and insure a 2007 CBR 600RR. He currently has his M1 and has booked his weekend course to acquire his M2.
Just wondering if there are any insurance companies that you guys can recommend that are bike friendly or better yet, Sport bike friendly?
I remember when I started riding 9 years ago, State Farm didn't give a crap weather you had your M1 or full M for the last 20 years.
There's alot of misinformation around. I started on a R6 this season.
Contact Mitchell and Whale.
They'll insure him for the 600.

He'll be looking at no more than $4000 for the year. Around $300 for the month.

There's alot of misinformation around. I started on a R6 this season.
Contact Mitchell and Whale.
They'll insure him for the 600.

He'll be looking at no more than $4000 for the year. Around $300 for the month.
Drop down to an R3 and first year insurance could be as less than $1500. 2 years and 10000km experience on an R3 will make you ready for a 600rr.

If you are serious about developing skill, stay on an R3 till you can regularly humble 600 riders (not all, but most).

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Drop down to an R3 and first year insurance could be as less than $1500. 2 years and 10000km experience on an R3 will make you ready for a 600rr.

If you are serious about developing skill, stay on an R3 till you can regularly humble 600 riders (not all, but most).

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

R3, first year rider, $80/month.

:blob2:

I'm a ninja 300 fan personally...its got abs, a slipper clutch, revs to the moon, and is essentially perfect for the aspiring racer

Plenty of opportunity to work on those riding skills on the cheap

$4k a year is acceptable????
Absolutely.
That's what I pay for 2 cars, a house, 3 life insurance plans....

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Actually what everyone seems to forget is that it's more fun to ride a fast bike fast than it is to ride a small bike fast

I guess if you don't care about your license (which for a lot of us is required for our jobs). To ride an SS at a rate that feels fast you'd have to be going above 200 kph pretty much all the time.

But this is going to lead to another one of these arguements we've all had a million times on here, lol.

I really do need to get a ninja 300 and track it...i loved wringing that things neck

Actually what everyone seems to forget is that it's more fun to ride a fast bike fast than it is to ride a small bike fast

sure....if here were no limitations like traffic laws, traffic itself and inattentive traffic at that.

sure....if here were no limitations like traffic laws, traffic itself and inattentive traffic at that.

Damn your totally right, I forgot 300's cant go faster than the speed limit and theres no possible way to lose your license on them.

lesser chance....or takes longer to get to the loose lic. zone. Had a 250 and a Gix750 at the same time. The 250 was tons of fun in the ranges the 750 was not....the lower speed zone.

I was quoted $300/mo on a GSXR600 with M1. It'll be less than half that if I get my M2 and rider training and a CBR300 though.

I was quoted $300/mo on a GSXR600 with M1. It'll be less than half that if I get my M2 and rider training and a CBR300 though.

How old are you? 10:1 that when you get the actual bill for the policy it will be at least double that.

Back
Top Bottom