A lot more squids this season? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

A lot more squids this season?

You know, I got curious enough this season and rode ONCE without my jacket (only T-shirt) to see what the fuss is all about. It was particularly hot that day. It felt good riding for the first 2 mins or so than it started to feel weird. The bike somehow started to feel a lot more "heavier" on the arms to maneuver. The wind at 80 kms felt like bullets. The back started to hurt little more than usual. The t-shirt filliping up in the air while exposing my butt crack was not fun. So I turned around, went home and got my jacket back on. Sadly squid life is not for me :(

FWIW I ride a SS with fitted leather jacket all the time.

On a cruiser a t shirt is not bad, no butt crack shown, but definitely not on the 400 series hwy's. I live a little north east of the city so not bad out here. Flip flops and shorts though? Ah no.
Only time I may wear just at shirt is rare, on extremely hot days. If I decide to take the highways definitely in full gear.
Always have gloves on

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

It only really bothers me when they don't wave. It's just rude!

It only really bothers me when they don't wave. It's just rude!

You are funny. Thanks. Perhaps they are too frightened to let go of the handlebars.

I am sorry to say in todays age respect and good manners have totally gone out of the window.

Rode without a jacket once thru the desert. Tiny sand/dust grains at speed felt like a sand blaster. Felt cooler with a jacket on too as hot dry air didn't make a difference.

97% of the time in 100% ATGATT.

For the other 2% im SOTGSOTT.

For the 1%...i squidlydoodleydoo (taking the moto 1km to grocery store, most other trips under 2km)

When I sold my maxim, I only laughed at the buyer who came in flip flops because the bike had a knurled aluminum shifter. haha that could not have been a comfortable test ride.

When I sold my maxim, I only laughed at the buyer who came in flip flops because the bike had a knurled aluminum shifter. haha that could not have been a comfortable test ride.
"it rides like a bicycle"

I could probably count the number of riders I've seen in full gear this year on one hand. When it's really hot I get it but there are days it's actually chilly out and still see dudes flying down the highway in t-shirts. Must've been really cold.

And what's with the guys that wear full gear but then no gloves? I'm more worried with no gloves than I am with no helmet. Must be my childhood of falling off bikes onto gravel and then having to pick it all out of my hands. Hands are usually the first thing to hit the ground.

I could probably count the number of riders I've seen in full gear this year on one hand. When it's really hot I get it but there are days it's actually chilly out and still see dudes flying down the highway in t-shirts. Must've been really cold.

And what's with the guys that wear full gear but then no gloves? I'm more worried with no gloves than I am with no helmet. Must be my childhood of falling off bikes onto gravel and then having to pick it all out of my hands. Hands are usually the first thing to hit the ground.
Im with you on this one. When i do my 1km squid ride, i actually am wearing my gloves ahhahaha

Which must look weird..but thats the one item i don't do without..also cause i keep em in my helmet

This "squid" line is a tough line to draw. Above 20 I'm usually in a t-shirt. Any temp below 20 I've got my leather on, below 10 my big textile. I don't own riding pants, probably never will, I've worn quality denim my whole life. They don't make motorcycle boots in my size (11 1/2 6E) so I always wear my new balance hikers. Always have gloves on, fox motocross gloves in warm temps, leather gauntlets in cold. Always a helmet of course. I feel amply protected, and my skin is my skin, so anyone who tries to ATGATT me can suck a big one.

The riding jacket+shorts and no gloves is definitely a new one though. Saw a few of them this year

This "squid" line is a tough line to draw. Above 20 I'm usually in a t-shirt. Any temp below 20 I've got my leather on, below 10 my big textile. I don't own riding pants, probably never will, I've worn quality denim my whole life. They don't make motorcycle boots in my size (11 1/2 6E) so I always wear my new balance hikers. Always have gloves on, fox motocross gloves in warm temps, leather gauntlets in cold. Always a helmet of course. I feel amply protected, and my skin is my skin, so anyone who tries to ATGATT me can suck a big one.

The riding jacket+shorts and no gloves is definitely a new one though. Saw a few of them this year

curious what do you consider quality denim? im actually about to ride out to gp bikes tomorrow to find riding jeans.

curious what do you consider quality denim? im actually about to ride out to gp bikes tomorrow to find riding jeans.

Hey me too!

On the same note, I went down once on regular denim jeans (non armoured), ripped the moment I hit pavement. Had proper armoured Kevlar jeans ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey me too!

On the same note, I went down once on regular denim jeans (non armoured), ripped the moment I hit pavement. Had proper armoured Kevlar jeans ever since.

Did you end up with a new pair? I just came back with some dianese jeans and some armour. I wear a size 30 so pickings were slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you end up with a new pair? I just came back with some dianese jeans and some armour. I wear a size 30 so pickings were slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hows the fit on those? I need my jeans to stretch a little to be comfortable for riding/working all day

Hey me too!

I have also gone down in jeans at low speed (40 kph or less) and my jeans ripped open as soon as they hit pavement. I've got some leather reinforced jeans now but I still don't really trust them much.

Another thing I've noticed lately is a lot more people in non-motorcycle leather jackets on motorcycles, especially women. Like their jackets look like they came from Danier and I know most of those are not very durable.

Back
Top Bottom