Which oil should I use this year? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which oil should I use this year?

Something water soluble. Easier clean-up.

Vegetable oil, dude. All natural, no dinosaurs were harmed.

2:30, although the chip place I went to used beef tallow.

[video=youtube_share;aaeKrqJJqm0]http://youtu.be/aaeKrqJJqm0[/video]

Used oil is where it's at, spending top bucks for new is for chumps.

Coconut oil is in fashion with the hipsters.
I thought that was for their beards. Though I guess if you buy it in bulk...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

And what about oiling my tires for that 'as new' shiny look ? Would a petrochemical or paraffin base work best ?

And what about oiling my tires for that 'as new' shiny look ? Would a petrochemical or paraffin base work best ?

Used motor oil is where it's at for that as well.

It's good for everything. I use it for fork oil as well.

Don't use it for the seat though, Armour All is better for that! <ouch> ;)

Has anyone used it to replace blinker fluid?

Have you tried fish oil. Great if you live in a Condo. Nobody is going to steal your bike. Plus what "Lightcycle" says. Lol.

Has anyone used it to replace blinker fluid?

I found this awesome combination blinker/headlight fluid. I'm considering using it in my engine as well, my blinkers have never been so bright.

plxgtuo-55bf1ec108cf9.jpg

There was a guy on TDIClub back when I had a TDI that ran his car on vegetable oil and used some kind of engine oil that was actually plant-dirived. Wonder how his car held up.

There was a guy on TDIClub back when I had a TDI that ran his car on vegetable oil and used some kind of engine oil that was actually plant-dirived. Wonder how his car held up.

Burning veggie oil as a fuel is actually quite common in a lot of older mechanical diesels. Some guys burn used french fry grease for that matter, cut with some diesel to thin it.

Using it in the crankcase as a replacement for engine oil however is a different beast.

I hope nobody takes these threads seriously. ;)

Back
Top Bottom