Side Rd 15 Near Guelph Line | GTAMotorcycle.com

Side Rd 15 Near Guelph Line

taximan62

Site Supporter
Well went through today and they have tar and chipped it again the bastards.

Time for that dual sport you've always dreamed of.

Yeah, was riding up there today too and noticed the gravel everywhere. Basically makes the road unrideable. Lame.

Completely unrideable on a SS with Dunlop Q3's yes; dual sport with trail rubber not so much.

Really?! Oh man :(

This should be in Riding Roads/Hazards subsection btw.

Millborough Line from Concession 10 all the way up to Campbellville Road is all fresh gravel too. Changes at the tracks, so keep an eye out.

They did the same thing on Limestone rd where it meets Appleby. Was just there on the weekend.
This isnt to spite bikers (although i used to think that). This is just a cheap way of kinda fixing roads in bad condition but not heavily travelled.
They did that to SR 15 2 years back as well.

This isnt to spite bikers (although i used to think that). This is just a cheap way of kinda fixing roads in bad condition but not heavily travelled.
Used to live in that area (Guelph Line/Side Road 15) and they redo it almost annually if not more.

yeah, the poor pricks that live up there and travel it every morning should have zero road maintanence done.

I'm one of the pricks who live here- I ride a Z1000 and would have been happy if they'd left it alone. It wasn't in bad shape and had no noticeable damage

I'm one of the pricks who live here- I ride a Z1000 and would have been happy if they'd left it alone. It wasn't in bad shape and had no noticeable damage

Is it the entire stretch from Guelph line to 25?
I'm heading to my folks place after work and Wanna know if I should take highway 25 to 15 or just take 5 sideraod and go 6th line up the hill?

I went through there in my car yesterday. The affected part is from the Esquesing town line to 5th Line. It's not all that bad, they did a decent job this time (and did not use an excessive amount of chips relative to the amount of tar like they've done occasionally in the past). Obviously there is sand and gravel between the tire tracks, but you could ride on it, just stay in the tire track.

I went through there in my car yesterday. The affected part is from the Esquesing town line to 5th Line. It's not all that bad, they did a decent job this time (and did not use an excessive amount of chips relative to the amount of tar like they've done occasionally in the past). Obviously there is sand and gravel between the tire tracks, but you could ride on it, just stay in the tire track.

Was about to post the same. On my way to Acton. Also the main street in Acton is way better that a couple of weeks ago.

Sideroad #15 Halton Gravel

I rode Sideroad #15 2 weeks ago from Guelph line to Trafalgar and half of it was covered in gravel and will be re-paved (oh that will be nice). Has anyone on the forum been on Sideroad #15 in the last couple days? If so has it been paved yet, or is is still a sh*t show?
Thanks!

Re: Sideroad #15 Halton Gravel

It's "chipseal" a.k.a. "tar and chip" - what you see is what you get after the loose stuff either beds down or scatters, there is no more paving afterward. N.B. What was there before was also chipseal - it has to be re-done every few years. It is actually a very grippy surface AFTER the loose stuff scatters.

See a couple posts up. It was rideable as of a few days ago. I'm about to run an errand to Guelph and I'll go that way in my car. I'll do everyone a favor and put the wheels right on the loose stuff to encourage it to bed down or scatter ... Update later ...

It's "chipseal" a.k.a. "tar and chip" - what you see is what you get after the loose stuff either beds down or scatters, there is no more paving afterward. N.B. What was there before was also chipseal - it has to be re-done every few years. It is actually a very grippy surface AFTER the loose stuff scatters.

See a couple posts up. It was rideable as of a few days ago. I'm about to run an errand to Guelph and I'll go that way in my car. I'll do everyone a favor and put the wheels right on the loose stuff to encourage it to bed down or scatter ... Update later ...

Thank you. We will pass the hat around for gas. If you run 30+ times. Lol.

LOL

I just got back (with the freshly rebuilt shock for my race bike in the car). It's totally rideable as long as you are mindful of a few spots of loose stuff still remaining between the car tire tracks.

Some of the other roads that they've chipsealed, not so much. Canyon Road (short piece from Campbellville Road right at the 401 bridge and south to Limestone Road) has a lot of loose stuff on it.

Anyone done Sideraod 15 in the last couple days? If I don't hear anything, I'll keep you guys posted as I'm gunna make way up there this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom