507 Two Dead and Two Dead on 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

507 Two Dead and Two Dead on 7

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
Two dead and others with injuries (three bikes in total) on the 507 today.

Two dead and others with injuries (3-4 bikes in total) on Hwy 7 near Havelock yesterday.

RIP to those that passed. GWS to the others involved.

Two dead and others with injuries (three bikes in total) on the 507 today.

Two dead and others with injuries (3-4 bikes in total) on Hwy 7 near Havelock yesterday.

RIP to those that passed. GWS to the others involved.

"PETERBOROUGH-Five people have been injured after a crash on Highway 7 east near Havelock this afternoon.Emergency crews were called to the scene shortly before 1pm.
Police say a group of 7 motorcycles were travelling eastbound on Highway 7, near Weller Road. The head-on collision occurred when a westbound pickup truck crossed the centre line struck 3 of the bikes according to police.
Five people have been taken to area hospitals with varying degrees of injuries. At least 2 of the persons have serious life-threatening/life altering injuries."

https://www.kawartha411.ca/2017/08/19/five-people-injured-in-motorcycle-crash-near-havelock/

W. T. F. Another centre-line crossing??

Oh man this is terrifying! Time to start using the other tire track when oncoming traffic approaches.

RIP/GWS riders.

RIP/ GWS riders

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I have always done this when big trucks are oncoming - will do it more now

When a row of cars is approaching, especially on a dashed-yellow, I do a SMIDSY weave in my lane and move right to help my chances that someone will see me before pulling out to pass. Not going to help much with distracted/impaired drivers tho. :(

RIP rider, GWS survivor.

Terrible news and RIP + GSW to those involved.

I rode the 507 north on Sunday and stopped at the small restaurant at 507/503 at about 1PM for a coffee. I was sitting at the picnic table wondering why there was no traffic coming up the 507 and now I know why.

Last edited:
Evidently the 507 crash now involves 3 fatalities and 1 person (passenger on one bike) who is injured. Bike-to-bike head-on in that case. RIP.

Wow, two major accidents in one county. Tragic weekend indeed. RIP Riders. GWS Survivors.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2017/08/22/victims-of-fatal-crash-north-of-buckhorn-named

TRENT LAKES TWP. -- OPP have named the three men killed in a multi-vehicle crash involving several motorcycles Sunday on Highway 507 north of County Road 36 north of Buckhorn.

Two men were pronounced dead at the scene while another died after being taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The victims have been identified as Scott Knill, 45, of Woodville, Mark Langhorne, 40, of Oshawa and Greg Campbell, 43, of Toronto, Peterborough County OPP stated.

The road was closed for hours as OPP collision reconstructionists investigated the crash.

The probe found that a northbound bike in a group of 11 motorcycles crossed over the center line on a curve and collided with two southbound bikes that were part of a group of three, OPP stated.

Shortly after the initial crash, another northbound motorcyclist collided with a car that had stopped at the scene and another northbound motorcyclist went off the roadway and into the ditch, police said.

I know this is not the place to discuss cause and fault, but this sounds like a nightmare scenario.

from CBC:

hree men are dead — including one from Toronto and another from Oshawa — after a multi-motorcycle crash in the Kawarthas on Sunday.The crash happened around 12:30 p.m. on Highway 507 in the area north of County Road 36 in the Township of Trent Lakes, Ontario Provincial Police say.
Greg Campbell, 43, from Toronto, Mark Langhorne, 40, from Oshawa, and Scott Knill, 45, from Woodville all died in the crash.
According to social media posts, Campbell and Langhorne were part of Nasty North Ryderz Evolution, a Toronto-based motorcycling group.

More details here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/3-dead-motorcycle-crash-1.4256914

Condolences to riders family and friends

wtf. That is horrendous. Best wishes to all of the riders in their recovery.

TL: DR
Pickup driver fell asleep and crossed the line.
John-severe head injury with Coma, Left leg amputated
Kathy-left leg amputated
Andre-left leg amputated, hip and pelvis severe injuries, docs trying to save one of his arms
Diane-broken ribs and collarbone
Brian-broken ankle
The three missing their legs all drove tractor trailers for a living.

EDIT: It appears there were no fatalities in this crash (yet), thread title should get an update

Last edited:
Now that's a crowd fund I can support. Not some idiot showing off and hitting a porsche head on.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

wtf. That is horrendous. Best wishes to all of the riders in their recovery.

TL: DR
Pickup driver fell asleep and crossed the line.
John-severe head injury with Coma, Left leg amputated
Kathy-left leg amputated
Andre-left leg amputated, hip and pelvis severe injuries, docs trying to save one of his arms
Diane-broken ribs and collarbone
Brian-broken ankle
The three missing their legs all drove tractor trailers for a living.

EDIT: It appears there were no fatalities in this crash (yet), thread title should get an update

OMG..

speedy recovery to those injured.

Back
Top Bottom