Bike safety today? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike safety today?

Iceman

I'm in Barrie, willing to drive to gta. Trying to get a safety on the wife's new bike but everyone in Barrie is closed today. Not having any luck with Ted from Rosey Toes answering the phone (to my shock lol).
Anyone?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Call every local Canadian Tire and see if they have a tech in that can do them. I'm no fan of Cdn tire for anything at all, but out of desperation I'd get a safety done there in your situation. FWIW when I was in the same boat I found that several wouldn't do it because their MC licensed tech (they seem to actually follow that rule) wasn't on duty. I thought I had one lined up that was going to do it for me ASAP on a Sunday morning, but then the guy called in sick and they refused.

Not sure if GP Bikes service is open today or if they could even squeeze you in, but that might be an option - unfortunately by the time get here and get it done your chances of making it to a Service Ontario to finalize things today are probably toast.

Call every local Canadian Tire and see if they have a tech in that can do them. I'm no fan of Cdn tire for anything at all, but out of desperation I'd get a safety done there in your situation. FWIW when I was in the same boat I found that several wouldn't do it because their MC licensed tech (they seem to actually follow that rule) wasn't on duty. I thought I had one lined up that was going to do it for me ASAP on a Sunday morning, but then the guy called in sick and they refused.

Not sure if GP Bikes service is open today or if they could even squeeze you in, but that might be an option - unfortunately by the time get here and get it done your chances of making it to a Service Ontario to finalize things today are probably toast.

On a related note: Here is a small thread on Safety Certs at Canadian tire: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?169577-Canadian-Tire-Safety-Inspection
Seems to be hit and miss.

That being said, it's 5:20PM on a Sunday and most smaller shops will be closed by now (if they even opened).

Thanks guys, didn't happen today. Local Crappy tire does them, tech not in until Monday.
Not a big issue, it's just that my job will tie me up 6am until 8pm all week. Guess it's waiting for Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, didn't happen today. Local Crappy tire does them, tech not in until Monday.
Not a big issue, it's just that my job will tie me up 6am until 8pm all week. Guess it's waiting for Saturday.

This is something I don't understand about mechanic shops.

The vast majority of people who own vehicles work some kind of 9-5 shift between 7AM to 7PM. Why are their operating hours smack right in the middle of business hours when most can't make it? Then they get slammed on Saturday and Sundays.

Doesn't it make more sense, revenue wise, to reduce operating hours, and therefore cost, but shift the opening hours to say 3PM to 10PM?

Maybe check if the tech comes in or stays late one day a week?
Some places do that.

油井緋色;2519184 said:

The vast majority of people who own vehicles work some kind of 9-5 shift between 7AM to 7PM. Why are their operating hours smack right in the middle of business hours when most can't make it? Then they get slammed on Saturday and Sundays.

Doesn't it make more sense, revenue wise, to reduce operating hours, and therefore cost, but shift the opening hours to say 3PM to 10PM?

The tech probably owns a vehicle. Therefore, he works 9-5 shift as per above. Nah, what you said kind of makes sense. But what if someone takes a day off work to go in between 9-5 and finds the place closed? It took banks how long to move from 10-3? The best for the customer would be split hours, 7-10, 11-2, 4-7, but not for the workers. So what do you do when people expect 9-5 plus?

Last edited:
The tech probably owns a vehicle. Therefore, he works 9-5 shift as per above. Nah, what you said kind of makes sense. But what if someone takes a day off work to go in between 9-5 and finds the place closed? It took banks how long to move from 10-3? The best for the customer would be split hours, 7-10, 11-2, 4-7, but not for the workers. So what do you do when people expect 9-5 plus?

Google can easily show updated operating hours for most businesses. And I'd assume most will confirm an appointment to drop off or pick up a bike.

Splitting, like you said, would be a complete **** show for the workers hence why I suggested reduced operating hours for the front end. As for the mechanics, they can still do 9-5 if communication and knowledge of concerns/issues of the machines can be transferred correctly to the customer facing employees (which fails to happen a lot lol), otherwise working a later shift still works out.

Banks actually have a legit reason to be doing 9-5 as business do use banks for deposits and stuff during the day. Plus, they're a damn oligopoly so they can fondle your balls, **** your mother, and charge you a fee if your balance is lower than $5000 instead of investing 90% of whatever you give them (not kidding, I know how banks work).

油井緋色;2519184 said:

My local Ape dealer (Two Wheel in Guelph) is open until 8pm on Thursdays but when asked I was told the techs go home at 5pm so no service or maintenance work can actually get done in those precious after work hours. Kinda ****** and inconvenient. These guys think they're bankers or something :/

I got a bike (Gsxr 1000) certified at Woodward Auto on Brock Rd , right here in Barrie .... that was a few years back , but the place is still in business as of a few weeks ago .... might be worth a shot ... Cheers, Les

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom