The Riders Who Won't Wave Back... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Riders Who Won't Wave Back...

You've pretty much seen it all haven't you :)

No, I just read the news. This one made the rounds not that long ago, and one only needs to do a quick Google search to find plenty of other examples.

No, I just read the news. This one made the rounds not that long ago, and one only needs to do a quick Google search to find plenty of other examples.
Didn't that happen to some country singer too?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

You've pretty much seen it all haven't you :)

As for the e-grom imitation, waved accidentally a few times seeing as people who ride them wear full gear or at least the ones I've seen and ride it on the street like a proper motorbike.

They are made from EMMO (Canadian company?)

http://emmo.ca/products/
Kid in my hood has one. Was kind enough to let me check it out up close. I know I will get flamed for this, but something like this could totally work for my daily commute.

Didn't that happen to some country singer too?

Yep, and the dog ran away, his wife left him, the house burned down, he crashed the pickup, it's rained for weeks, and he found the bottom of that bottle of whiskey... ;)

Kid in my hood has one. Was kind enough to let me check it out up close. I know I will get flamed for this, but something like this could totally work for my daily commute.

EMMO bikes are all over Toronto.. I get a good laugh when I see an extremely overweight person riding an e-scooter/bike trying to climb a hill a virtually dead battery.

These versions would be great in Toronto because you can bypass all the craptastic traffic and take advantage of the bike lane at break neck speeds... working and living in Toronto especially near downtown it makes complete sense because the city is pushing so hard for public and bike transit that the daily driver is getting pushed out slowly with lane reductions to make way for bike lanes.

@markopas hence my hesitation: my ample heft + 2 big hills on my commute.
Don't wanna look like a clown on one if those tiny bikes in the circus....not so much bc IGAF what ppl think, just more afraid of actually having to WALK up that hill if the ebike doesn't make it.

Don't wanna look like a clown on one if those tiny bikes in the circus....not so much bc IGAF what ppl think, just more afraid of actually having to WALK up that hill if the ebike doesn't make it.

I would hate to see how much those things weigh if you need to push one or use the pedals as backup.

I saw this last month, didnt know what it was but took me a while to find it -- a front wheel replacement for your pedal bike, basically converts your pedal bike into an e-bike.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1266381423/geoorbital-wheel-make-your-bike-electric-in-60-sec

I would hate to see how much those things weigh if you need to push one or use the pedals as backup.

I saw this last month, didnt know what it was but took me a while to find it -- a front wheel replacement for your pedal bike, basically converts your pedal bike into an e-bike.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1266381423/geoorbital-wheel-make-your-bike-electric-in-60-sec

Cool idea, but 3 thoughts come to mind:

What is the un-sprung weight and how does it change the handling of your bicycle?
How would it take impacts from Toronto's asphalt of dubious quality?
Doesn't work with disk brake bikes.

To bring the thread back on track, I would wave to one of these, but they would probably think, wtf is he waving for.

I wave, but don't even bother glaring to see whether or not it is returned.
IDGAF.

I wave, but don't even bother glaring to see whether or not it is returned.
IDGAF.

The best wave I've ever given:

0kQXcS7.jpg

That's a classic. I love when I see a kid check out my bike; it blows me away how many little kids notice motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

That's a classic. I love when I see a kid check out my bike; it blows me away how many little kids notice motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
When I was a kid I was always in awe of the cool bikes and the guys and gals that rode them.
Oh wtf. I still am.

This whole wave thing was foreign to me the first time I rode because I had no clue there was this thing.

No one tells you about it when you go for your M1 exit so was basically clueless until someone noticed I wasn't doing it.

In addition, being a new rider, still getting used to actually riding so apologies if I don't wave... Trying to ride properly and get used to changing gears.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Here you go Joe. Today I observed these two folks on an Emmo e-bike. North of 300lbs load I'd expect. You can get this model...
q8RvYwx.png

Someone doesn't make fun of them?????

I was going to start a thread about people that don't reply to threads about people not waving back but someone might not reply and my feelings would be hurt.

Can you please tell me about what oil you use? What bike should I get. Can you tell me how to get my Man pants on. If you don`t tell me I`m going to tell my Mummy about you.

P.S. Nice sense of humour. Thanks. Should I wave with both hands.

Back
Top Bottom