The Riders Who Won't Wave Back... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Riders Who Won't Wave Back...

I wave 'thanks' to the left hand turners that don't take me out as I ride past them, hoping it makes any kind of impression.

If someone doesn't like you, or they're busy with a traffic situation they won't wave.

Lots of people stopped 2nd or 3rd at a red light, will pull into an open lane without looking, especially for motorcycles, which are harder to spot anyway.

I'm sure that someone, somewhere has crashed while trying to wave at an inappropriate time.
Yes, I understand prioritizing safety over waving.

What I didn't understand is the comment about them recognizing me or "not liking me".

If they "recognized me" (assuming from here) and didn't wave, it would probably be one of those "internet keyboard warriors" who desperately depend on their Avatar/Profile pic to sell a false image to others.

Also, does a rider usually have to calculate whether they like the person or not before they wave? There would only be a second or two to decide. Odd statement.

Northern Lights

I'm dying at some of these comments 

Northern Lights

took me awhile to figure out who the obvious trolls were and ignore

some members who have been here awhile and have post counts with a comma in them
like to be condescending to new members, kind of funny actually, a throw back to the
90's and the early days of the 'net and online forums....cheers OP

Then again, I'm sure someone, somewhere had died because a **** too big to drop, burst an artery. You gonna stop eating?
Lmfao!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I ride a Harley and wave at pretty much everyone else on a motorcycle. Sometimes even at scooters. Never Can Am Spyders.
I ride an adv bike and wave at everyone also, even spider riders. Even waved at one Polaris Slingshot.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Even waved at one Polaris Slingshot.

Hmm. That's one segment I don't wave to.

Having been in one of those contraptions, however, I figure the occupants are too sore and half crippled to be physically able to wave back even if they wanted to regardless.

Spiders and Scooters are maybe wave for me, as for other bikes it may be a nod if my clutch had is busy, if I don't wave I did not see you in time or mind was focused on a cage around me. Have seen a few people lately doing a full arm extension out, maybe looking for a passing high five?

Amusing story on waving, last month the missus and I were headed out west with the bike in the box of the truck and a group of riders waved to her on the 401 while I was passed out in the passenger seat, she was a little confused to say the least

Ok waivers.....Do any of you know why the wave started and what its all about ? (street)
2nd - does any one know what a proper wave on a dirt bike is and what it should mean ? ( off road)
This otta be good..

Last edited:
No Wave to - scooters
- snow mobiles on three wheels
- Ebikes
- guys wearing full face helmet leather jacket no gloves wearing shorts

Assuming I see the other bike and am in a position to wave (eg. not braking for a traffic jam, light, stop sign etc or starting up from an intersection, on the 400 series or another divided roadway), I'll pretty much wave 100% of the time to anything that isn't an e-bike/looks like an e-bike/e-scooter.

Although I don't always get a wave back, I still likely do about 75-80% of the time.

I am at a loss as to why some don`t not wave at 3 wheelers.
As I said before, can you pick out who is a War Veteran who suffered war injuries?
It is a very, very small way to say. "Thank you for your service"
Medical reason stop a lot of 2 wheel riders and so convert to 3 wheels.
Stop being a Snob. Are you better than everybody? I think not.

If they "recognized me" (assuming from here) and didn't wave, it would probably be one of those "internet keyboard warriors" who desperately depend on their Avatar/Profile pic to sell a false image to others.

Solid logic.

Yes, I understand prioritizing safety over waving.

What I didn't understand is the comment about them recognizing me or "not liking me".

Also, does a rider usually have to calculate whether they like the person or not before they wave? There would only be a second or two to decide. Odd statement.

Northern Lights

Worry less about what others think of you. If they have a good idea, or suggestion, use it.
If you mess up, change, and don't worry about comments.
The poke was to show you that you worry too much. Relax, enjoy.

took me awhile to figure out who the obvious trolls were and ignore

some members who have been here awhile and have post counts with a comma in them
like to be condescending to new members, kind of funny actually, a throw back to the
90's and the early days of the 'net and online forums....cheers OP

Have you played any recent online multiplayer game? The attitude has gotten considerably worse. At least "trolling" back then was called "flaming". Now everyone is a troll.

Worry less about what others think of you. If they have a good idea, or suggestion, use it.
If you mess up, change, and don't worry about comments.
The poke was to show you that you worry too much. Relax, enjoy.
Ahh I got ya lol

Northern Lights

LOL, I wonder what the ratio of cyclists who think it's funny vs those who think you're making fun of them is?

Someone doesn't make fun of them?????

I was going to start a thread about people that don't reply to threads about people not waving back but someone might not reply and my feelings would be hurt.

Back
Top Bottom