The Riders Who Won't Wave Back... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Riders Who Won't Wave Back...

The best wave I've ever given:

0kQXcS7.jpg

I ride a Harley and wave at pretty much everyone else on a motorcycle. Sometimes even at scooters. Never Can Am Spyders.

Have you or anybody else thought that it could be a Veteran. Not able to ride a motorcycle. I wave at anybody. Milfs, kids Milfs, Then some more Milfs.

The Spyder riders have a secret wave they only do to each other. You have to be close to someone in the cult to catch it. ;)

But yeah, I wave to them as well - LOTS of ex 2 wheel riders are on them now because they don't have the physical ability to ride a true bike anymore - I feel no need to somehow ostracize them as a result.

Had a scooter rider wave the other day. I waved back.

Ha me too! Old guy? I waved back with a big grin.

you never get a wave in Australia....always a sort of twisting head nod. Safer too. I'll often lift a couple of fingers...don't really care one or t'other

I always wave, unless I'm busy, then I nod. The Aussie nod must be ingrained, because I was born there but never rode there, but that's how I nod. :) If I don't get a response, no biggie. Most do, some don't, and some are focused on more important things.

I'm on a larger bike then a Harley, wave at everything unless I'm busy in a corner/turn.
Most wave back, a couple times only some ss riders didn't wave back, I couldn't care less though, kept on riding.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

A few days back while we were on the 200+KM desolate stretch of Highway 11 I had a truck driver stick his entire arm out the window as we were passing and give me the 2 fingered MC wave. Clearly a rider himself who was stuck at work. I stuck my entire left arm up in the air and gave him the rock out wave in return.

depositphotos_24802077-stock-illustration-rock-out-hand.jpg

Pink Floyd was on the stereo (Sirius Satellite FTW!), I had it cranked, it was a bright blue sky...one of those perfect MC moments in time.

I wave when I'm on my Honda, but don't when I'm on my Harley.

No really, I wave. If they don't wave back it doesn't bother me, but 97% do. Sometimes there's like 100 bikes that keep coming and I get tired of waving, but I feel kind of like an antisocial jerk if I don't. So yeah, I wave best I can. If they don't wave, don't let it bother you. Sometimes people are just in a mood.

I've stopped waving at giant cruisers and harleys, they are the ones who (usually) don't wave back. Too old to see the wave maybe? Afraid of a death wobble while thundering along at 5kph below the speed limit? Just don't care? Perhaps we will never know. I always return a wave if I can, or a head nod if my hands are busy, regardless of the bike or rider. Just respect in my opinion.

Preparing for angry old Harley rider internet-warrior backlash now.
?

Northern Lights

I always wave and majority wave back, even big bike riders. Very few don't. In my experience, mostly the ones on supersports don't wave back.

At the beginning of every season, everybody waves at everybody cause we are so excited to be out on the road again, and we become classless. Then about half way through the season, the bigger bikes are more hesitant to wave back at the lesser (cheaper? smaller?) bikes, cause now we are becoming lazy/complacent and wish to wave only when necessary, such as becoming more selective to which class we associate with. I agree with other comments on this thread, that the only ones who either never wave or wave back to bikes are the Can Am Spyders, and I suppose out of embarrassment in needing another wheel to stay upright? We should show compassion.

In Europe, the logistics of waving at every bike is like a full time job. You encounter so many riders there that many either nod or do a quick kick with their boot because they can't be bothered taking their hand off the bars to wave. And some just refuse to wave, period. And so what, who cares, there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Don't get it.

Northern Lights

If someone doesn't like you, or they're busy with a traffic situation they won't wave.

Lots of people stopped 2nd or 3rd at a red light, will pull into an open lane without looking, especially for motorcycles, which are harder to spot anyway.

I'm sure that someone, somewhere has crashed while trying to wave at an inappropriate time.

A few years ago, at the Forks, @roomie waved at me while I was navigating the hairpin. I didn't wave back. His is no longer on the forum. Coincidence?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I just lift a few fingers up, too lazy to move my whole arm. That's still considered a wave, right?

Also when there's a group I only wave to the first guy.

I just lift a few fingers up, too lazy to move my whole arm. That's still considered a wave, right?

Also when there's a group I only wave to the first guy.
I forgot about the group waves, they are a little awkward. I just wave at the first guy too. Also, when I ride by a group of cyclists I take my feet off the pegs and pretend to pedal!

Also, when I ride by a group of cyclists I take my feet off the pegs and pretend to pedal!

LOL, I wonder what the ratio of cyclists who think it's funny vs those who think you're making fun of them is?

Back
Top Bottom