When the news reporte Fatalit | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When the news reporte Fatalit

I still ride in leathers when doing anything serious and textiles around town, its not that im against gear. Just that a suit doesn't make you any less likely to die when the causes are from impact or just an unlucky turn or twist.

The main argument here seems to be if you're gonna die, gear won't help so why bother...

So what if you're in a crash that isn't life threatening? What percentage of your skin are you comfortable leaving on the road? I'd prefer to keep as much as I can and I dress accordingly.

I gathered the OP was wondering about fatalities correlating with squidery. Most motorcycle fatalities seem to be of the blunt-force trauma type: hitting something solid (like the side of an SUV) at speed, turning your insides and brains to Sloppy Joes. This is going to happen whether your wearing leather or not.

But I totally agree with your second point: I too am 100% ATGATT (including an Icon back protector under my Icon Hypersport Prime leather jacket and its CE back pad...) because I cringe thinking about damage to extremities and skin caused by the trauma of sliding along asphalt and gravel and ****. In those types of crashes the squid is in for a world of hurt and rehab and disfigurement and plastic surgery etc and may wish he'd died...

. You're trying to tell me when you land being fully suited up isnt going to *Significatly* increase your chances of surviving?

Not in fatal accidents...an Australian study confirmed that. If it's fatal...the level of gear rarely makes a difference
....no question gear reduces injuries....

Most fatal motorcycle accidents are impact at speed into something fixed....

Just like being in a car or truck. it's not the first impact (your vehicle hitting something else) that injures or kills you, it's the second or third. Seat belts and air bags help to reduce or mitigate injury by keeping you in your seat and preventing your head and chest from hitting the steering wheel. If the accident is bad and something intrudes into the passenger compartment or the compartment is crushed or deformed then your body suffers from a severe secondary impact and this is when you are injured or killed.

If you low side at 70 km and slide to a stop in full gear without hitting anything you're going to be shook up and pretty sore the next day, but not severely injured. A high side at the same speed will probably result in broken bones, but full gear will still help to reduce injuries to some extent.

Hitting a solid object head on or while sliding on the ground ( a car, light post, guard rail, curb, etc.........) is a completely different story.

Hitting a solid object head on or while sliding on the ground ( a car, light post, guard rail, curb, etc.........) is a completely different story.

yup - especially if airborne - body mass stops faster than internal organs can tolerate. It's the sudden stop that kills.

In all fairness to GreyGhost, the harsh comments toward YN are well deserved. It was the second Daytona 675R that he'd written off with serious collisions in a year, both self inflicted.

The bashing on reddit was ****ing hilarious.

The guy called himself StreetRossi. There were multiple threads telling him to slow the **** down and watch his ego. Then he collected a Porsche.

I gathered the OP was wondering about fatalities correlating with squidery. Most motorcycle fatalities seem to be of the blunt-force trauma type: hitting something solid (like the side of an SUV) at speed, turning your insides and brains to Sloppy Joes. This is going to happen whether your wearing leather or not.

Your statement is really incorrect in a few ways.

I've smashed my head without a helmet at a very slow speed on a bicycle. I ended up flat-lining later in the day.

Had I been wearing a helmet, the force of impact would be absorbed and not transferred directly to my skull. The same idea works on any other body part. If you jump from 100m onto concrete versus a giant surface that is absorbs and neutralizes force, you may be fine based on how the material absorbs the force. if there is nothing, you splatter and die.

All motorcycle gear comes with some kind of shock absorbing pads. Not wearing gear means you have zero padding. You hit anything with a certain amount of force, you break, splatter, or die. If you put on gear and hit your say, back, the amount of force needed to shatter your spine will be greater than without gear.

Whether or not you will survive, break something, or die is dependent on a ton of factors including how, where and what you hit. However, to put a blanket statement such as "all blunt force trauma fatalities will not be saved by wearing gear" is really ignorant and would give newbies a pretty stupid impression of how useful proper gear is.

Just to clarify, I don't care if anyone wears gear or not. I find it quite entertaining to see squids smash themselves...better than trying to convince them to wear gear like I used to.

Sources: Crashed many times and I am stereotypical Asian that took too many sciences way back.

油井緋色;2518704 said:
Sources: Crashed many times and I am stereotypical Asian that took too many sciences way back.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom