Someone backed into my bike and sped off | GTAMotorcycle.com

Someone backed into my bike and sped off

dnaiq

yesterday Aug 14, 2017. I parked my R3 on street parking on Norton Ave, closer to Yonge st side. I got off work at around 6:30pm and saw my bike was damaged. Scratches on both fairings but mostly on left side, tip of left fairing popped open, clutch lever was broken, left mirror hit the ground but luckily it wasn't broken. Bike was put-up but there's no notes or anything. If I have to guess I think someone hit my bike from right side and left side hit the ground.

I asked security of 5255 Yonge St but their cameras couldn't cover that corner. I went to police station but was told to report it to the Collision Reporting Center, so I did.

If anyone by any chance saw it happen please PM me. Also should I contact my insurance company? I have $1000 deductible so might not worth it... any ideas?

874219267 (1).jpg1744551791.jpg1470199789 (1).jpg

With no proof or witnesses, you're kinda screwed.

Get yourself another lever (~$15) and pop the fairing back in with a couple light smacks and ride on.

With such a small piece broken off, you just scored yourself a free "shorty" lever.

Fark, sorry to hear this. I had the same thing happen, really similar damage but on the other side. Brake lever broken, throttle/right handle damaged, brake pedal pushed into the body, scratches on the fairing, and popped my right signal out. Getting all that fixed was around $400, so sounds like yours would be way less - wouldn't even talk to insurance. Be nice if you could find the culprit and make them pay though. :|

That sucks. Had it happen to me in the past. Ended up being a write off....bit more damage than yours. Good thing I got the offending party's ins. info....if not it would have been on my dime.

That sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Splitting hairs a bit here but if you didn't see the guy speed away you can't really say he "sped off". :D

With no proof or witnesses, you're kinda screwed.

Get yourself another lever (~$15) and pop the fairing back in with a couple light smacks and ride on.

With such a small piece broken off, you just scored yourself a free "shorty" lever.

lol that is true, I've always wanted to get one of those short levers ;)

That sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Splitting hairs a bit here but if you didn't see the guy speed away you can't really say he "sped off". :D
yay I'm not only getting motorcycle related knowledge but English as well, I love this forum! and yeah English is not my native language.

had my bike hit and run twice on duplex ave(near yonge and finch) 2 years ago when i was working there. i went through insurance and got all the fairings replaced at no charge to me or raise to my insurance premium. after the first hit and run, i didnt go to collision center, but i should have. second time i did (but i was getting the damaged fairing replaced anyways since shop dinged it first). a month after the first hit and run, another rider that worked in my building came up to me and gave me the info of the person that hit and ran. i found out later it was a rental car.

tldr: I called insurance almost 4 months after to see what could be done about it. they covered all damages and replaced front,side fairing and exhaust. I was not at fault, so there was no charge for me. and my insurance premium never went up.

yay I'm not only getting motorcycle related knowledge but English as well, I love this forum! and yeah English is not my native language.
I only mentioned it because from the title I expected it to be a bit of a different situation. It was also an aside to the main message, not just to criticize grammar. Actually the grammar was fine, just poor wording. Anyway, your English is better than any language I speak.

Back
Top Bottom