Low Budget Helmet Bluetooth Sets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Low Budget Helmet Bluetooth Sets

Paulee

Im looking to get some Bluetooth sets for 2 full face helmets. Hoping to spend about $100 each, is this doable? Im only looking for rider to rider pairing and maybe some music (Iphone 6+) but it doesnt need to be the best or fanciest device out there, just something that holds a decent charge and wont break after a month. Anyone have any suggestions?

Found these guys locally, anyone ever tried them?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics...-bluetooth-speaker-800m/c770548?channelId=101

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics...-bluetooth-speaker-800m/c770548?channelId=101

Last edited:
Link is dead. Royal Distributing has a no name set (pair) for less than $200 I think.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I have a Sena 3S for calls and music on my commute and just picked one up for my wife so we could talk when we ride together. Don't have the greatest range, about 200m, but that hasn't been a big deal yet since they will just connect back up once in range again. They are about $150 with tax and are discreet low profile units though you do need speaker cut outs in the helmet since most of the electronics are built into the speakers.

The only thing is that I wear earplugs and at higher speed above 120ish, wind noise overrides sound from speakers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

True. But then that would be the case with any helmet speakers (cheap or sena).

Must mean on tracks ofcouse, since none of us would ever be above 120 on Ontario roads ;)

$160/both at Royal Distributing.
eeeb26eb2d7939c8408fe1dc558f90b1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

True. But then that would be the case with any helmet speakers (cheap or sena).
See my buddy and I bought those cheap ones from Daytona and we had the same problem. Anything over 80kmph and we couldn't hear each other due to wind and static noise. Even though the box said good for up to 1km, it would still cut in and out and just became annoying. So we decided to remove it from our helmets cause it sucked. My honest opinion would be to just save for Sena once and you'll be set for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

See my buddy and I bought those cheap ones from Daytona and we had the same problem. Anything over 80kmph and we couldn't hear each other due to wind and static noise. Even though the box said good for up to 1km, it would still cut in and out and just became annoying. So we decided to remove it from our helmets cause it sucked. My honest opinion would be to just save for Sena once and you'll be set for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I don't know man...I've been using mine for 2 years now and can't complain. I actually find them too loud at times if anything. The placement of speakers is always critical whether with cheap ones or expensive. I added some padding between the speaker and helmet to bring them closer to my ears and that worked out well.

Another plus that I found is the battery life is pretty good. Usually goes for 6+ riding hours.

Google "v6 motorcycle intercom". There's quite a few variations of them but they're basically all the same. They can be had for $100 or so for a pair. if you hunt around. Seen them on Amazon a few weeks back for that range if you hunt.

Been using ours for 2 seasons now. Great battery life and quite pleased overall. They do all you're looking for. My only gripe is the buttons are hard to operate with gloves on.

1498126330243909884.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not saying these more affordable products aren't good but I tried two different sets, very similar to those that RD is selling. The sound distortion above 80-90kmh is quite high for my liking. Intercom works but once again static noise and frequent cut offs was a problem. I sold both and switched to Sena.

Back
Top Bottom