New Rider - 2018 Toronto Motorcycle Show | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider - 2018 Toronto Motorcycle Show

YuppieLife

Hey everybody, I've spent the past couple of months reading up on some awesome info here. I've scheduled my MSF course next month, so it seems like it would make more sense to purchase my bike/gear next Feb (are that a good month for buying new and/or used bikes?). I heard that's when the Toronto Motorcycle Show goes on--does anybody have any advice on whether there are any good deals on bikes/gear or useful information there?

If it's anything like the Ski and Snowboard show in the same location, I'd imagine there are good deals on previous year clear outs.

Yup, a great place to buy gear is during the winter when the motorcycle shows are going on. You usually can score some good deals and find most things at least 15-20% off

if you have never been then go, you might go once more time, then again you might not....

Deals, well, that's hit and miss, most places offer the same during the year anyways, Riders Choice for example has deals/specials throughout the year, I purchased a pit bull stand for the same price at the store as it was at the show

it's a matter of keeping an eye open for what is going on, and if you hang around here, you will usually catch who is having a sale of some sort, and if it's not local, there is always online and over seas purchases, I just purchased a helmet from Germany saved about 400 bucks

glad to hear your taking the course, that and your future gear purchases are the best investment you have made so far

stay safe....

here is a link to the vendors area, as you can see there are many deals going on and some that have already been, but it gives you an idea......

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?24-Dealer-and-Vendors

Personally I find the shows a place to go spend a few hours, kill an afternoon, try a few bikes, as in how they feel sitting on them, see the new stuff, and go home.....I don't find great deals, then again maybe I just don't look hard enough....but I enjoy the few hours being there.

Best deals are on kijiji, some things are OK to buy used.
Helmet, gloves, good idea to buy new.
You can still get a month of riding in, if you start in September.

lol before I even got a bike or even an M1, I bought a helmet. Then got Joe Rocket jacket and gloves before my course. I haven't yet and won't likely buy motorcycle specific boots or shoes. Probably should get some pants but I already wear jeans all the time anyway, and I typically like to hop on my bike at a moments notice, rather than needing a wardrobe change before I go and then looking stupid the rest of the day. People already think I'm crazy wearing a heavy jacket in 30+ weather.

Back
Top Bottom