Fake plates for sale | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fake plates for sale

bishop

Site Supporter
Last edited:
Re: Fake plates for sale - Not selling just an ad I saw

Tossed a disclaimer in the ad, and he's not really claiming that they are real plates.
Same as every car performance product marked as "off road only"
Market them as "novelty" plates and he's good to go legally and not responsible for what the end user does with them...
Still sketchy as ****, and I guarantee every ****** bag on the next highway group mob will be sporting them.

Been going on for years. Surprised more riders aren't using them:

http://www.platemaker.ca/

Mind you, the Fake Plate guy's advertising is odious. He may be borderline encouraging people to break the law too.

Been going on for years. Surprised more riders aren't using them:

http://www.platemaker.ca/

Mind you, the Fake Plate guy's advertising is odious. He may be borderline encouraging people to break the law too.
I've bought more than a few items from them. Mostly keychains and bicycle plates.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Fake plates are okay for car shows on private property, but if you use something other than the real plates on public roads and you are pulled over, your vehicle will be impounded and fines are hefty. i don't think there is an excuse for this; it is an obvious attempt to deceive.

Judges will go ballistic. Certainly Judge Judy would need to be sedated.

I understand vanity plates, they have their time and place ... but the ad mentions 'flip plates' and 'Why run your real Ontario plate', basically encouraging people to use these plates then their regular plates, that is if they have one.

Not to be confused with antique plates.
There is an active market in many US states for restored motorcycles using plates from the year the bike was made.
For example, you restore a 1955 Harley, you can put a 1955 plate on it (if you can find one).
I don't know if you can do this in Ontario, but I think its a great idea.

Not to be confused with antique plates.
There is an active market in many US states for restored motorcycles using plates from the year the bike was made.
For example, you restore a 1955 Harley, you can put a 1955 plate on it (if you can find one).
I don't know if you can do this in Ontario, but I think its a great idea.

You can get YOM plates for cars (with many restrictions). AFAIK, they aren't available for bikes in Ontario.

Yes we can do this in Ontario, it is bit of a process, but doable. I think the last plate year that you can do this is 1981.
...and yes you can get personalized plates for a bike.

Similar but not the same, I used to run vanity plates on my car when living in the states. You had to only have a rear plate in the states I was living in and on the front I didn't have anything like this on my car but more had a university logo, a sports team logo plate for the front plate. The buying / selling of these is no problem and there is a market for it just the legal's on this one is kind of murky since you can't run with 1 plate in Ontario and you have only 1 plate on a bike so what's the point of buying this for your bike LOL ...

Looks like his advertising is working.

ehPeuDT.jpg

https://ca.letgo.com/en/i/ontario-motorcycle-plates_94e76ec3-40e0-4702-8b29-54877b572600

Really!?! Openly advertising with your real name, photo and verified by several sources. Took me 2 searches to find all the details on the guys. Bet if anything comes up he's going to fight with legal services business he part of.

Whats your problem man? He is not liable for jackshoot. Its like him owning a knife store. You buy one and kill a guy in the bar you will go to jail and not the shop owner.

Whats your problem man? He is not liable for jackshoot. Its like him owning a knife store. You buy one and kill a guy in the bar you will go to jail and not the shop owner.

Don't have a problem with him selling them, more with him tell people to use this for illegal purposes and then adding your real name to it - 'tell the police to RUN THIS instead.' and 'no more need for a flip plate'. Would you ever gone to a knife store with signs that say - 'Use this to kill someone' and 'Sharp enough to cut through a human spine/neck'. Would you not want to question the shop owner on that?

Back
Top Bottom