Grand Bend future, fact or rumour | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand Bend future, fact or rumour

meester_jamie

Site Supporter
I hear GBM has been sold, and they have plans to put in a subdivision .... fact, rumour
It was overheard that this sept will be the last drag race .. I am not sure how the race course will be effected..

Doesn't seem like the best place for a subdivision when there is so much land out that way. Other than that i have no idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We have such a beautiful lake view, people are just falling all over themselves to get the property. ( if I had a dollar for every time I have heard this rumour or that we are closing I could take one hell of a vacation). The facility is not sold and nobody has ever approached us about putting a subdivision on the property. I have announced previously that at the end of the season we will be entertaining the idea for someone (or a group of people) to buy or lease the facility. I am looking to step back if possible (been at this 20+ years now) and looking to put the facility into the hands of someone who has the desire to take it into the future to hopefully bigger and better things. If that doesn't happen don't worry the facility will still be operating going forward.

We have such a beautiful lake view, people are just falling all over themselves to get the property. ( if I had a dollar for every time I have heard this rumour or that we are closing I could take one hell of a vacation). The facility is not sold and nobody has ever approached us about putting a subdivision on the property. I have announced previously that at the end of the season we will be entertaining the idea for someone (or a group of people) to buy or lease the facility. I am looking to step back if possible (been at this 20+ years now) and looking to put the facility into the hands of someone who has the desire to take it into the future to hopefully bigger and better things. If that doesn't happen don't worry the facility will still be operating going forward.

Well done. More businesses should be straight-up (when possible). Shutting down the rumour mill makes things better for everyone.

I'm slow at the track days, maybe I should just run the track. Think of all the practice time! I could probably go to yellow group lol. In all seriousness this is my first year with a track bike and being an hour away from GBM had a big part of it. Glad to hear it'll still be around. See everyone out on Thursday if the weather is dry.

I'm slow at the track days, maybe I should just run the track. Think of all the practice time! I could probably go to yellow group lol.

I wonder how long before the novelty wears off. Between various styles of bikes, carts and cars, I can imagine it would be fun for quite a long time.

The owners of furfari paving had a go-cart track in their back yard for years but removed it in their last renovation.

strange why people make up stories like this... sigh.. sorry I believed it.... carry on! have fun! cheers!
Thanks for the update

I agree that it's great to see a straight forward response to a rumour like this. I've only been to Grand bend twice but I hope it grows going forward.

Yayyy!!

That isn't how it works anyway. First you build subdivisions around the track, then you complain about the noisy track next to your house

Back
Top Bottom