Oomis - One of Our Own. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oomis - One of Our Own.

Hard to type w only one hand. Wanted to say thank you all. Support is appreciated beyond measure.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Consider GTAM part of your finger physiotherapy.

See? We're helping already! ;)

Just got the news...
Omar's on his way home tonight. Should be arriving shortly before airport shutdown.
Gonna go see him tomorrow!

That's great news! I was expecting they would have got him here sooner so he could get the specialized care he needs. We sometimes don't realize just what kind of incredible medical expertise we have available to us at our doorstop here in the GTA. I just hope they can work their magic on him once he arrives. He already has so much to deal with. Best wishes to you Oomis.

Great news!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I took the day off work today to go visit Brother Omar...
He was in a lot of pain when I arrived, as he had barely completed the admission process and hadn't been seen by the pain management team as of yet. Luckily, they showed up shortly after I arrived and helped him out.

I'm in complete awe of this man's mental fortitude. I have never met a man who has a better outlook on life - when I would be languishing in despair, he is viewing the future with a positive attitude. He's planning on getting back on 2 wheels in the future - after a 2 year (+) recovery period.

I cannot be prouder to call this man my friend. He's one of a kind.

Good to hear.

Stay strong Omar. My invitation still stands when you hit PEI.

Take your time;)

Welcome home Omar! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery :)

Best wishes Omar for a full recovery physically and mentally. You are very well liked and respected on this forum because you are one of the good ones.

Welcome back, You will likely soon be transferred to St John's Rehab in North York, (it is part of Sunnybrook). I spent three weeks there last year after my tangle with the goose. The Physio and OT teams are FANTASTIC. The nursing staff are warm and helpful. Unlike other hospitals they are just dealing with rehab so not as run off their feet as a medical hospital.

Good luck

So another update on Omar...

Sunnybrook did their own X-rays and CAT scans, and have discovered a fracture in his left hip. If untreated, it will cause major problems in the future when it comes to any sort of weight bearing. Unfortunately, the skin on his left leg has also started to suffer necrosis, and will need to be removed ASAP. They're going to be taking muscle and skin from his right leg and grafting it over. All of this will be done in the same procedure (Actually, it may have been done already, as he was fasting last night without a solid surgery schedule).

Glad he's getting the care he needs to be fully functional in the future.

Thanks for the update BED. Glad to see Sunnybrook is doing there best to improve his longterm outcome. I know people that have had multiple hip surgeries as Sunnybrook and speak very highly of the doctors that did the work.

Back
Top Bottom